Stay at Home Moms
Options

Do you swallow the frog?

Swallowing the frog = tackling your most dreaded or overwhelming project/responsibility of the day right away. The one you are tempted to procrastinate all day on. The reasoning being that if you have the "frog" hanging over your head all day, you will be less productive and your day will be less enjoyable. One of my old bosses talked about the concept in a meeting as a way to be more productive, and for some reason it popped into my head this morning and I decided to go for it.

Today my frog was driving over an hour to the nearest David's Bridal with a 2 1/2 month old baby and trying to find a floor length dress that will look good on my post pregnancy body. I did it right away, and it felt great! :-)

Do you swallow the frog? What is your frog right now?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do you swallow the frog?

• Options

My frog would be the laundry, I think.  I hate doing laundry.  I will put it off all day long, if I can.

Maybe I will try 'swallowing the frog' tomorrow and do my laundry first thing.  That's a great tip, and I can see how it would work well. :) 

• Options
    Today, mine was cleaning the bathroom. I didn't do it right away and was thinking of putting it off until tomorrow until 5pm when Ella Grace realized she can now open the bathroom door and decided to "help mommy" clean... not only did I have to clean toilet water off of her, but also the entire bathroom, the hall, the stairs, and my kitchen floor. At least she's observant. The water got everywhere from the toilet scrubber she had used to "help." lol
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My "frog" is the pile of clothes in the corner of our bedroom.  I would say 75% of it needs to be donated, and the other 25% just needs to be washed and hung up, but man, I just can NOT make myself dig through it.  DH and I are really trying to unclutter and we both have SO many clothes it's ridiculous.  I've already filled one entire garbage bag full of shoes and purses, and one bag full of clothes, and it didn't even make a dent in the pile.  So, I guess I've been attempting to tackle it, but not doing a very good job of it lately, lol...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It's funny because I was just thinking about this - although Ive never heard the phrase. I have had this work project hanging over me all day and I feel like thinking about it interfered with my play time with DD and just generally made me kinda cranky. I was just wishing that I would have gotten up and worked on it this am while I was fresh and DD was still asleep so I wouldn't have to think about it all day.
    DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • Options
    Lol, I thought we were being dirty here... :) 
    You'll have to excuse me; I'm still a teenager.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

At least it wasn't just me!

Mine is probably errands that I have to do on "my" time, when DH is home and I don't have DD with me. I'd much prefer to do things during the day and just take her along, but once in a while something household related needs to be done without small folks.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickerscharlatti's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

man. i have to get my head out of the gutter.

i have NEVER heard that phrase before- so my head went somewhere else.

hmmmm. I hate doing my blinds- the bedrooms have vertical blinds. I hate them. I hate dusting them. it takes forever. That and the ceiling fans. All bedrooms and living room have ceiling fans that run most days non stop. LOTS of cleaning needs to happen there- i never seem to get around to it.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LOL to Stacey & Mrebecca ... nope, didn't mean it "that way". Someone else can start THAT thread. :-)
  • Options
    I think the analogy came from some Mark Twain quotes about "If you have to swallow a frog, do it first thing in the morning so you don't have to look at it all day" and "If you have to swallow two frogs, swallow the biggest one first". I'm paraphrasing.
  • Options
    Liz342Liz342 member

YES, definitely.  My frog is working out.  I need to do it but I hate it.  I get up every morning around 6 to work out.  I couldn't imagine going through my day knowing I still have to work out as my energy (and sanity) is slowly depleting. 

I am very much a "rip the bandaid off" type of person..... very much.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageJessesGirl&MackenziesMom:
    LOL to Stacey & Mrebecca ... nope, didn't mean it "that way". Someone else can start THAT thread. :-)

lol- i think that needs to get revisited on a Friday night after a cocktail or two.

I am going to check out the Mark Twain referrence- because i am curious. Interesting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"