June 2011 Moms
Options

I thought the rule was 5-1-1

As in call your OB if you have contractions every 5 minutes that are a minute long and it's been an hour.    

At my appt last Thursday, my OB said that since this is #2 for me and 2nd  babies generally come faster once labor begins, my rule is now 10-1-1.   

Was anyone else told this?   I also got the standard call if your water breaks, if there is heavy bleeding, or if I feel no movement.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I thought the rule was 5-1-1

• Options
    I think that might make sense with a second pregnancy since you tend to progress faster.
  • Options
    I think the general rule is 5-1-1, but it's best to ask your OB because every one has different labor instructions.  Mine likes people to come in when contractions are 2-3 min apart for 2-3 hours (she wants people to labor in the comfort of their own home for as long as possible), but since my mom labored so fast and I live 25 min from the hospital, she adjusted me to 5 min.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just heard this too! On our hospital tour they said 10-1-1 for 2nd+ timers. I asked my mw about it and she said no way, don't come in before 7-1-1. hmmm. I think I'll just go when it hurtsStick out tongue
  • Options
    akayfakayf member

Oh I don't need to go in right away at 10-1-1!   Shejust  wants me to call her and let her know and then we'll decide if I need to head in or not.    She has said repeatedly if you think you are in labor, call first!   Do not just head straight for the hospital!  

This is all a moot point though.   I have a feeling that she is going to want to schedule me to be induced due to either my BP or expected large baby.  I have my weekly BBP tomorrow and then my OB appt on Thursday.   We'll see what happens.

• Options
    Baby4OTBaby4OT member
    I haven't actually heard 10-1-1, but most second babies do come faster. My first was induced so I had nothing to compare it to the second time around. I never even had contractions at 5-1-1. By the time I was consistently feeling contractions they were coming every 2-3 minutes, but few lasted a whole minute long. Most were 30-45 sec. I called my midwife and, after hearing that my first labor only lasted 4 hours (from them breaking my water to DD being in my arms), she said to come in right away. Good thing I did! DD2's labor was only 2.5 hours from "something might be happening" (hadn't even started timing contractions yet) to DD being in my arms! She was born 5 minutes after we arrived at the hospital. This time they are telling me to come to the hospital as soon as I feel several contractions in a row, regardless of how long they last or how frequent they are!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hmm my dr told me to call at 5-1-1 or water breaks/bleeding/lack of movement.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This is my dr.s rule also. This is my 4th child and my last 2 I had within 4 hours of even going into labor. For this reason she is inducing me in 2 days which is my due date :)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I was told 7-10 mins apart for an hour since this is my second
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Options
    My doctor told me 8-1-1, but he said it was because my first labor was only 5 hours long.  He also said to call before heading in, and I only live 5 minutes away from the hospital.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"