Breastfeeding
Options

Bottles and Pacifiers

Hey veteran mommas! What are your recommendations for bottles and pacifiers that work well for breastfeeding babies? I plan on registering this weekend, but don't know what I need to be putting on there.
. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Bottles and Pacifiers

• Options
    love gumdrop pacifiers
  • Options
    Soothies (and gumdrops, which I think are basically the same thing) are the only "anatomically correct" pacifiers, and the only ones my LC recommends. As for bottles, you may have to experiment some, but we use Born Free and like them.
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's trial and error once your LO arrives.  We tried several bottles and ended up using the playtex drop ins.  Same with the paci, he only take NUK.  I'd just register for a couple of different bottles and paci's and see what works best.  Congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We use soothies and maam pacifiers. We use Breastflow bottles and have been pretty happy with them. We have drop-ins also, but prefer the breastflow bottles.
    DS #1: (Summer 2010) Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Endometrin & B2B IUIs (Hail Mary Cycle) DC #2&3: IVF #1 (November 2011) Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    It's really hit or miss depending on the baby.  Mine did fine with the Medela bottles that came with my pump, so I've stuck with those.  His favorite pacis are Avent.
  • Options
    We like soothie pacifers.  As for bottles, I recommend registering for one of a bunch of different types.  After trying a bunch of different types, we found that Tommee Tippees work bet for us.
  • Options
    Both of my LO's used/use Nuk paci's and Playtex drop ins or vent air (wide mouth) with no problem.  That is all I ever offered and they took them without a problem.
  • Options
    We use the soothie pacifier as well and use the Medela bottles.  We do use a different nipple on the bottle though, the Medela Calma nipple which mimics the breast but is unfortunately only available in Europe and I think now Canada. I got mine from Germany and they are pricey ($15/nipple) but totally worth it. LO has had no issues going between bottle and breast.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"