1st Trimester
Options

Code or Nickname for baby

Last year when we were pregnant, we called the baby butterbean, so my 5 yo ds wouldn't catch on. This time around we are calling it OLIVE :) what do you ladies have for code names or nicknames?
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image

Re: Code or Nickname for baby

• Options
    So far we are calling it (them) nugget as in gold nugget.  IVF isn't cheap.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    H and I have been calling it Baby Gaga :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMButcher1003:
    H and I have been calling it Baby Gaga :) 

LOVE THIS!!!! :)

We've been naming ours "Mr. Bigglesworth" (the white cat from the Austin Powers' movies). Really don't know where it came from, and it's not a "cute" nickname per se...but it's been working for us so far ;)

BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MKW1015MKW1015 member
    Ours is refered to as Poppy
  • Options
    ShaylizShayliz member
    We call it Monster.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ours is Baby Alfred. The first thing DH said when I got my BFP was "we'll call it Alfred, and if it's a boy..." I laughed and laughed, and the name stuck.

(It makes a tiny bit more sense when you know we have a female dog named Herbert.)

• Options

imageMKW1015:
    Ours is refered to as Poppy

Aww, we've been calling ours Poppy or Little Poppyseed. I love that that is how big they are right now. I think it's cute thought, so it might just stick around:)

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

We call our baby Poppy too.  The little one is no longer a little poppyseed but the name stuck.  We aren't trying to hide the pregnancy from any inquisitive little ones since this is our first and we only talk about the baby when we are alone (we haven't told everyone yet...) but it gives us something to call the baby besides "the baby".   Smile  And definitely more fun!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I suggested Cletus the Fetus but my husband is not going for it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We call ours Blobby.  At our second US, all it looked like was a blob with a heartbeat.  That and it is DH's name plus the "L."
    #1 BPF 4/10/2011 Born 12/9/2011
    #2 BFP 9/25/2014 EDD 6/10/2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    In my head I have been calling the baby Snowflake since I am due in January. But I am craving ramen noodles really bad, so I might call it little Ramen. I just wish they didn't have so much sodium! Grr...
  • Options
    I've been calling this one "thing 2" because its my second child. But my hubby saw that it was the size of a blueberry last week and has been calling it his little blueberry. I think its cute but I will definitely get it a "thing 2" shirt when born :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My mom started to call the baby sweet pea. This weekend we found an outfit and a blanket that has sweet pea on it. We love the nickname.
    Jewels

** Our TTC Journey Blog **

** Our Pregnancy Blog ** 

TTC for over 3 years. After several infertility treatments, we received our first BFP!! :)

image' rel="nofollow">image
  • Options

imageMrsMooney:
    I told DH that TB said it was the size of an apple seed, and now he keeps calling it "Johnny Appleseed" It cracks me up.

Yay Mrs Mooney!  So happy to see you here!

We call ours fetus. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We call ours parasite because it makes me so tired and icky feeling.  Once we can actually see it on ultrasound, I'm sure we'll get a more endearing nickname for it.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    We have had one for our first three, but we're still working on one for this baby.  Our first was Bubbles, our second was Sisco (both named by a friend's daughter who was five and six at the time), and our third was Purple Baby, named by our kids when they were 1 1/2 and 2 1/2.
  • Options
    Sprout.   Big Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We call it "The Bean"

TTC Baby #2 Since May 2014
    BFP February 6th 2015!!!
    EDD October 15, 2015
  • Options

imageMayan2011:
    So far we are calling it (them) nugget as in gold nugget.  IVF isn't cheap.

We call ours nugget too.  But it's because when my m/s was at it's peak, chicken nuggets were the only thing I didn't throw back up!

• Options
    Ours is Megatron, and some of our friends are actually hoping that's what we name our child.
  • Options
    chickpea
  • Options

Anne.Ortego - Megatron is awesome!

For the last pregnancy, we referred to the baby as Pubert because my husband was hopeless in helping pick out names.  I joked that we were going to nickname him Pube at birth.  We still haven't nicknamed this one.  I'm thinking Big Bertha if it's a girl and Pubert the II if it's a boy. 

Lucas Arlo - 2/26/10, Cordelia Jane - 1/20/12 
    #3 is due 8/27/14

imageimage
  • Options
    minteamintea member
    Add us to the Poppy list! We decided to go with the name on the fruit ticker, so I guess it will be changing often until birth. Some of the fruits are really cute-- but some a like prune. Still, I think the cute ones are adorable and the pruney ones are hilarious!

DD #1: 2012; MMC: 2014; DD #2: 2015; It's a boy! 3/31/2018

• Options
    We're calling ours just simply Bean... or Little Bean
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    With our last one we used the nickname "Blueberry". This time I think we'll be using Poppy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options

Thanks Ladies,

I loved reading the responses, Megatron was my fav!!! It's nice to know I am not nuts with giving the baby a funny little nickname :)

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    OMG cletus the fetus is hilarious!
    Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Weve been calling ours Dino, like from the flintstones. One of the times we looked at what the baby lloks like, my DH said it looked like Dino. So it just stuck..... so far.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"