Natural Birth
Options

Anyone do Webster Technique?

Has anyone here had experience with the chiropractic Webster technique to flip your baby into head-down position?   I recently had my first ever chiro visit for this technique and although the baby did flip (temporarily - he's been moving around quite a bit), I am SOOOO sore.  My back feels like it was actually tweaked out of alignment worse.  Muscles are pretty sore as well.

Has anyone else tried this?  Were you sore afterwards?  I just wanted to know if my experience is abnormal as I try to make a decision about going back or canceling.

Re: Anyone do Webster Technique?

• Options
    I did some Webster to flip a posterior baby and I was pretty sore afterward. It wasn't debilitating but definitely uncomfortable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I saw the chiropractor daily for over two weeks in order to get my breech baby to flip. The chiro warned that I might be sore after every visit. Some days, I'd feel fine. Other days, I'd be sore. But, like pp, it was never debilitating and I'd usually only feel it if I moved a certain way.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks ladies!  I guess I was caught off guard because I asked about pain and soreness and was told that I may have "sensitivity" the day after, but nothing about being so cramped I couldn't sleep.   I am going to try one more visit this evening and see how it goes...if I have the same result, I am going to talk to my midwife about alternatives.

I've been relatively comfortable during this pregnancy and I just can't understand how causing myself more discomfort will help anything - baby flip or not. 

• Options
    Have you tried acupuncture (for the pregnancy discomfort and the breech situation)? I did acupuncture with moxibustion in addition to the Webster technique and, while it's impossible to tell what actually got the baby to flip (and there's always the possibility that she would have flipped regardless of what I did), I felt the most movement after the acupuncture. It might be a more comfortable alternative for you. Just a thought...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You're more than likely sore b/c you're used to everything being out of line and now that it's lined up, it's odd to you. What can happen is those ligaments get tight and they can kind of spin your uterus out of proper alignment which is why the baby is breech and why the Webster Technique has such a good success rate w/ getting them to turn. Once you open that up and put everything back, baby has room to turn.
    Jennifer, wife, CPST, birth Doula, LPN to BSN student, and 3x VBAC mama to AJ (8, Evan (7), Ilana (5),Olivia (2), and 8/24/12!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"