Success after IF
Options

Anybody watching the Little Couple? (spoiler)

She's doing IVF and went through the stims and all that, they get to ER, find that 1 of the 2 follies had probably O'd.  They rush to the OR to do an ER on the other and within 15 minutes of doing the U/S, she had O'd the other one.

WTF?  

Shouldn't she have been on some sort of O suppressant?  Is that not routine?

Re: Anybody watching the Little Couple? (spoiler)

• Options
    cmw&tdmcmw&tdm member
    I'm not watching, but I O'd before my ER and I was on lupron.  We were expecting 9 eggs and by the time of ER I had O'd 5 of them.  Luckily they still retrieved four and I got pg, but I wasn't optimistic at the time.  I talked to my RE about what they would do if there was a next time and I think he said that they would leave me at full dose (I was on the long lupron protocol).
  • Options

Sometimes it happens anyway :(  There's at least one woman on this board I can think of who o'ed some of her eggs before ER and another that o'ed while supressing before starting stims.  Sometimes ovaries do what they want.  Figures!

That really stinks about the woman from the Little Couple show... I hope she gets another chance.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagecmw&tdm:
    I'm not watching, but I O'd before my ER and I was on lupron.  We were expecting 9 eggs and by the time of ER I had O'd 5 of them.  Luckily they still retrieved four and I got pg, but I wasn't optimistic at the time.  I talked to my RE about what they would do if there was a next time and I think he said that they would leave me at full dose (I was on the long lupron protocol).

Hey C! You were who I was thinking of. 

Hope you are doing well!!

• Options
    I watched and I've heard about people ovulating before ER, but that was super fast it seemed. As far as I know, once you trigger, that's it. You have a set time period (24-48 hours I think) to get in there and do ER. I just feel awful for them.
    image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I just wanted to cry for her :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageamberleeb:

I just wanted to cry for her :(

Me too :(  Their 4th IVF, and I got the sense that was as far as they had ever gotten.

Wow, I didn't know you could O despite Lupron. Eeek!  I didn't know you could do a few at a time either.  Glad it worked out for you!

• Options
    CMM05CMM05 member

Just watched it and was so, so sad for them......crazy that she ovulated between the time they were sitting in his office and prepping :(

I so hope they get PG....I love their show! I wonder if there is any info out there on the web since they would already be PG at this point if it had happened.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

https://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/05/the-little-couple-season-premiere-bill-and-jen-talk-babies-houses-and-in-laws-oh-my.html

I just found the above article/interview where they say something like "we have embryos now"!  That's pretty awesome!  Doesn't sound like she's pregnant but, it sounds like they've got something going on :)

• Options

Ugh. Maybe she responds too quickly to the trigger? They time them so close it seems like... 

I feel terrible for them. Viv was in the NICU she works at (we didn't see her) and I can see the hospital from one of my offices.

imageimage

• Options
    imagehannah&ben:

https://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2011/05/the-little-couple-season-premiere-bill-and-jen-talk-babies-houses-and-in-laws-oh-my.html

I just found the above article/interview where they say something like "we have embryos now"!  That's pretty awesome!  Doesn't sound like she's pregnant but, it sounds like they've got something going on :)

They are using a surrogate. I cried for them too.

****formerly talentedgirl**** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had heard that they were using a surrogate too. I hope it works for them!
  • Options
    CBLCBL member

I couldn't stay up for the whole episode, but from what I saw, really liked what they presented.  Although it was very heartbreaking to hear that they'd never even gotten to an ER, it was nice to see the toughness of infertility treatments presented realistically. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think there's this generalization that IVF is a cure all and will work for everyone.  People seem to be shocked when they hear how many tries it took us.  They just assume it's going to work.  

• Options
    I don't think the eggs are for her. I believe they're using a surrogate. How awful for them.  :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"