Babies on the Brain
Options

I was so mad at work today that I almost cried

LIVID.  Got my paycheck today and I expected it to go back up.  It didn't so I emailed for clarification with the payroll lady (asked her what I can expect for my next three months of checks before the new contract year starts).  It took all morning and four different calculations for her to finally get it right.  Gives me no confidence that it has ever been correct.  What really got me is when she emailed me a higher number and said "that gives you a nice increase" as if she chose to give me a raise or was doing me a favor.  It was still over $700 per month less than it should have been.  I understand that people make mistakes, but at least own up to it and when someone emails you a concern, take a moment to really look into it and get it right rather than fvck around with it all morning.  I'm sure there are people out there who just blindly go with whatever she says and have gotten screwed.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I was so mad at work today that I almost cried

• Options
    So, wait. . . you may have been underpaid all this time?? Or she gave you the wrong numbers initially? $700 is a LOT of money to be off!
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Um, I know how much teachers make and $700 is a pretty BIG mistake!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

PCOS and Hypothyroidism- Successful IUI's- May 2012 and October 2014.  Miscarriage @ 6w3d in December 2009.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagegoofyteacher:
    Um, I know how much teachers make and $700 is a pretty BIG mistake!

Per month!  At one point the discrepancy was about $1700 per month.

It is all so confusing, but I inquired about my pay in March and she calculated it as if I wasn't returning (and that has been my pay for March, April, and today's check).  I did return to work 26 more days this school year and she wasn't going to pay me for those days.  Then she was going to pay me for nine of them.  Then she had the wrong number of contract days for me.  My sick days also got messed up in all of this.  She finally assured me that she double-checked the numbers and it was right.  Needless to say, I asked for her new calculations so I could see it for myself.

• Options
    Ugh, that's ridiculous.  I hope you get that sorted out in a hurry... $700 a month is huge, $1700 a month is in the realm of WTF?
  • Options

Are you having a sit down meeting with her to rework these figures? That makes me sick. What recourse is there for backpay? Will this screw up your taxes?

Money makes me nervous. When I went out for my surgery last year I worked really hard to plan everything, then found out afterwards that I lost out on 6 weeks of paid time off. I was in tears constantly and feel like I really got cheated out of that time/money, but didn't know how to fight for it without crying.  

• Options
    That's horrible.  Who's her boss?  Can you take it to the next level?
    Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"