Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Can you share your LO's top 3 fav meals?

Im having such a hard time finding healthy meals that DD will actually eat. She loves pasta(macaroni salad, mac&cheese, spaghetti, alredo, etc.) & bread. I would like to find other options for her that are a little healthier.

When I go through the store I cant think of anything. TIA

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image   and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Can you share your LO's top 3 fav meals?

• Options
    My LO mostly eats fruits and vegetables.  I think you can make any meal healthy by having fruits and veggies as the main part.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Random favorite foods of my 12 month old ::: Bananas, homemade mashed potatoes, raisins, peanut butter and jelly sandwich (PB spread thin on bread), baked salmon, baked chicken, ritz whole wheat crackers, yogurt (plain or organic vanilla, I buy a big tub), cheerios, oatmeal, green beans, peas (loves to pick them up himself), rice, or anything else we eat. HTH!

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NiniJ55NiniJ55 member

Tristan loves mac & cheese too.  I use Pastina, actually and do it from scratch instead of the box.

He also loves rice - so I do white rice (I shred carrots or spinach into it as it cooks) or rice & black beans or rice & kidney beans.  He loves chicken and fish so he would eat that (I usually do salmon) with his rice.  I simmer carrots, brocolli or string beans with a little salt & pepper  and butter (very little) for him and he will usually eat that along with his meat while I spoon feed the rice/ pasta.

He also likes couscous, lasgana (sp) and mashed potatoes.  I boil carrots and brocolli along with the potatoes and mash with a little chedder cheese (very little) - he loves it. 

I hope this helps.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

My son loves cut up avocado and it's great because no cooking required.  He also really likes steamed sweet potato and overcooked mixed vegetables.  

Tonight, we made him a bean and cheese quesadilla on a whole wheat tortilla. Sometimes, we make a chicken and cheese quesadilla.  

• Options

My child would eat nothing but fruit if I'd let her.   But, she won't touch a vegetable that doesn't come in puree form in one of those little pouches.   She also refuses all pasta.  Crazy girl :-)

I consider dinner a success if I can get her to eat at least a little bit of protein to keep her full through the night!!

Right now she's very into sandwiches.  I've been using whole wheat bread (or those sandwich thins), cheese, and a little bit of turkey then grilling it on my panini maker.  She also likes almond butter and jelly sandwiches.

She loves quesadillas -- I get whole wheat tortillas and melt some cheese inside.  Usually in the microwave because I'm lazy and she's impatient.  If I'm feeling fancy I might throw some black beans in there.

She will often, although not always, eat whatever meat I have on hand from the grown ups' dinner (chicken breast, ground turkey).  I'll sometimes give her ketchup or bbq sauce to dip it in.  Sometimes, if I'm very lucky, I can convince her to eat some carrots (sliced crazy thin in the mandoline) dipped in ranch dressing.

She's also a big fan of yogurt (the greek yogurt especially has a lot of protein).  I mix it with honey to make it sweet enough for her to eat.  She also likes cereal in milk -- just like I eat :-)  My Kashi Go Lean Crisp is her favorite.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
  • Options
    araevgaraevg member

Peanut butter toast and bananas

Cheese and sliced tomatoes

Cereal and fruit

She's a picky eater!

Ashley & Jeff Married since August 2007 BFP Cycle #16, Clomid 100mg DD #1 born on March 25, 2010 TTC #2 as of May 31, 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I make DS turkey logs with shredded carrots in them. He also like these broccoli cheddar nuggets. Mine is not a fan of veggies so I have to hide them. I keep them both frozen and just pop them in the micro when it's time to eat. 

https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/news/?p=925

https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/Meals.htm 

Anniversary
    *photo removed*
  • Options
    We're pretty lucky that DD will eat just about anything. One of her favorites, though, is zucchini sauteed with chicken then tossed with cheese ravioli. She also loves sweet potato pancakes or sweet potato "fries" (cut into sticks, tossed in olive oil, baked in the oven).
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

pesto (in any form, really)

Chicken or veggie curry

Brussel sprouts (which isn't a meal, but she'd live off them if she could)

The poster formally known as Irish Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS *loves* turkey. He actually prefers it cold. My grandma and I split the cost of a turkey, cook it "thanksgiving style" and then split it up into several meal sized servings and freeze it. Since we both have small familes (her and grandpa, and DH,DS,and I) it goes a long way. Plus, it's really good for him.
  • Options
    DD also loves pasta of all kinds and bread. Some of her favourite "non-pasta" meals are:
    -burritos or quesadillas
    -flatbread pizza (I just put pizza toppings on a flatbread and pop it in the oven)
    -croissants with ham & cheese
    -grilled cheese sandwiches
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Mac n Cheese

Quesadillas

Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

...anything with cheese

• Options
    MCC1010MCC1010 member

I use recipes from www.skinnytaste.com but Matthew eats almost everything. He loves bow tie pasta tossed with carrots, spinach, zuchinni, red peppers, onions and broccoli in a light lemon sauce. Fajita fillings are my 2nd go to meal. Mushrooms, red/green peppers, onions and any other veggie I have mixed in with chicken/steak. He loves green beans so I am always looking for ways to mix it up. I make him scrambled eggs with green beans (steamed) and sprinkled with parm cheese. He adores meat. As in he shovels filet or ribeye or churrasco if it is in his plate. I grill zuchinni, portabello, yellow squash, yellow pepper, green pepper and onions that have been tossed with olive oil, black pepper, salt and whatever herb I have on hand.

I try to change up the combo of fruits so he doesn't get bored. I grill apricots, plums, pineapple when we grill and serve those cut up. He gets a cup of mixed melons (cantelope, watermelon, honeydew) with a sprinkle of grapes. Bananas are a staple as are oranges. He has been know to lick the cup or bowl when he is done.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Homemade black bean burgers, chicken parm meatloaf, ground bison cooked with low sodium taco seasoning - all served with sweet potato fries! She also loves all veggies, but beets and asparagus are favorites.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"