December 2010 Moms
Options

Ouch, Miles bit me

Ouch, Miles, Ouch!

So, my no-teeth, partially BF baby has started to bite me! I pump 3x a day to keep a teeny-tiny supply (ie: 7oz combined) up so that I can nurse in the evenings after work and on weekend mornings. I love it so much, I just can't give it up. Well, the last few days, every time I go to nurse, he sucks furiously for a minute or two, then starts to bite down... HARD! I know he's probably about to start teething, but it hurts! It always makes me jump, and tonight, when I shrieked "ouch! no!" he jumped, too, then his little lip started to quiver and he started to cry. Darn it! :(

Are my nursing days over?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ouch, Miles bit me

• Options
    Ouch! They don't have to be over, hopefully when you yelped and scared him he learned that it is not okay to bite mom. Hope he keeps the chompers to himself!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    kj07kj07 member

imageenjoylife:
    Ouch! They don't have to be over, hopefully when you yelped and scared him he learned that it is not okay to bite mom. Hope he keeps the chompers to himself!

This ^^ is what I've heard.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry he bit you!! My two toothed baby bites me every once in a while and it suuuuucks. The trick is to keep an eye on them. The second he stops sucking, pull him off. They bite when they're done or bored.

Also, C's pedi said that even at this age, babies understand tone of voice. If you say, "no" in a serious voice when he bites, he'll eventually get that its bad.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options
    Ouch! O has bitten me several times, and she has her 2 bottom teeth. :( I agree with what OSC said. I try to take her off if she's not actively nursing and when she has bitten me every time I say. "No, that hurts mommy!" and promply unlatch her. I think she's learned pretty well. Hang in there, you can keep nursing!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Charrrrrrliiiie!!!!

<3 Bumpie Veteran from December 2010 Mama's <3 -
    BFP - TTC Cycle #6: Clomid + HCG Trigger + TI + Progesterone - EDD: 12/11
    Beta #1: 4/1 - 51.5   Beta #2: 4/3 - 189   Beta #3: 4/6 - 778.9
    AMH: 1.06  FSH: 10.7
    DS: 11/2010 Clomid + HCG Trigger + IUI + Progesterone
  • Options

imageStarbuck5:
    Charrrrrrliiiie!!!!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options

G bit me like 10 times over the weekend.  It SUUUCKED!  I'm sorry Miles bit you, too.  They have some interesting info about how to deal with this on kellymom.  Basically they suggest what the pp's said.  Remove baby and firmly and seriously say "No.  Don't hurt mommy" or something like that.  Kellymom doesn't suggest yelling because it can startle baby and put them off nursing (that said, I've yelled once or twice because sometimes you just can't help it!).

Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    OUCH.  Seriously, one of my worst BFing fears.  I think you're supposed to pull him off and yell "OUCH!" whenever he does it.  Hopefully he'll stop doing it!
    imageimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"