Cloth Diapering
Options

Rash help...

DS has a gnarly diaper rash. He has spots that almost look burned. The skin is definitely raw and in the worst spots actually open (so an actual wound). Around the worst spots his skin is peeling. It's really weird. What the heck do I do? I've tried Burt's Bees, A&D, Butt Paste, and Aquafore. It seems silly to take him to the pedi but I might if it's not better soon. He is in disposables right now. His diapers don't smell like ammonia at all. Any idea what could be going on? We've been using the same detergent with no problems. We use it on all our clothes. It obviously hurts him because he keeps crying and pointing to his bottom. Sad

Re: Rash help...

• Options

Rashes suck :(  I'm not sure what could be causing it but Quinn's dermatologist has me use "bacitracin" ointment on his rash when there are open wounds.  You can pick it up over the counter at any pharmacy (I got mine at Target).  Quinn's rash is caused by what he eats. 

It's so sad when they cry because of the rash.  When Quinn's is the worst he'll run away from diaper changes Crying and it just breaks my heart.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I callthemedicaladvice line all the time. Most recently he had a rash for a week that wasn't going away and they said treat for yeast and if not better in five days he had to come in.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use coconut oil on DD all the time to help with any redness she gets.  It's CD safe, anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-microbial so it can help with lots of causes of irritation.  GL!
  • Options

imageblissfully_caffeinated:
    DS has a gnarly diaper rash. He has spots that almost look burned. The skin is definitely raw and in the worst spots actually open (so an actual wound). Around the worst spots his skin is peeling. It's really weird. What the heck do I do? I've tried Burt's Bees, A&D, Butt Paste, and Aquafore. It seems silly to take him to the pedi but I might if it's not better soon. He is in disposables right now. His diapers don't smell like ammonia at all. Any idea what could be going on? We've been using the same detergent with no problems. We use it on all our clothes. It obviously hurts him because he keeps crying and pointing to his bottom. Sad

BTW: the diaps from you are my favorite!  They're obvi not gender appropriate but Emma wears the heck out of them! Love, love, love!!  Thank you again!

• Options
    I'm sorry, that sounds horrible.  DD1 gets bad rashes from time to time, too - they are very similar to what you describe, actually.  The only thing that really helps is naked time.  As much as possible.  A couple weeks ago I let her run around the backyard in a dress with nothing on her bum for several hours.  She peed a couple times and pooped once, but I just picked it up with a plastic bag like dog owners do.  Then we left her diaperless for dinner; just put down a towel in her high chair.  That night, I put her in a sposie with a crap-load of Butt Paste, and the next morning I gave her another couple diaperless hours, then back in a sposie with Butt Paste.  Rash was basically cleared up by the end of the day.
    Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
  • Options

imageRyanandManda:
    I use coconut oil on DD all the time to help with any redness she gets.  It's CD safe, anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-microbial so it can help with lots of causes of irritation.  GL!

^ Maybe try this? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"