Cincinnati Babies

Terrible threes...are more than terrible...

Who took my wonderful, happy two-year-old and replaced her with a child who belongs in a horror movie? I swear, Leah has been awful since, literally, the day the clock struck on her third birthday a few weeks ago. I feel like every single conversation leads to tantrums and tears. She tries to bribe us and manipulate us into giving her things, and if we tell her no, she starts crying and says we've hurt her feelings.

On top of that, she's dropped sleep times and now gets up at 6:00AM EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. She will not sleep in longer and it doesn't even matter how light her room is or what time we put her to sleep. So she's cranky on top of everything else. We've tried everything to get her to sleep longer, but she's not having it.

It is going to be a loooong summer at home with her...oh, boy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Terrible threes...are more than terrible...

• Oh I really hope she gets over it soon for your sake.  DD started with the tears and tantrums just a few weeks ago, and just 2 weeks ago decided to get up at 5am every day.  She slept in today and the crankiness was a lot better, so I'm thinking part of it is not sleeping, not that there's anything I can do to convince her to sleep longer.  I too am dreading the impending summer vacation, I love DD to death but boy oh boy is she hitting the terrible 2's early.
  • OMG are we ever in the same boat! Ever since we got back from vacation Maggie has been a terror. Crying at the drop of a hat, protesting loudly at nap and bedtime, telling us things like "STOP TALKING!" " I don't like that!" or just flat out no. Also she's refusing to sit on the potty. Age three is delightful, and we still have 6 days to go until her birthday!
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad it's not just me. Leah is also in to "Stop talking!" and is really big on interrupting and then screaming if we don't listen. I want to pull my hair out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel your pain.  Today I got "Don't you look at me, Mommy!  I don't like that.  You are not nice to me" after I told her to stop doing something.  I would love to have my easygoing baby back.   Right now, she is in her bed fake whining for attention.  I am sure it will escalate into full on meltdown in a few minutes when we don't come running up there.  Two is very much overrated.  It was easy.  Three is clearly not.  Since we are starting three a couple of months early, does that mean it will end sooner too?  Humor me that.  I completely understand what you are dealing with right now.  My only answer is keep some adult beverage on hand at all times.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • three is WAY worse then 2. sd spent most of that year in her room. dd is there and her birthday isn't until august.
  • imagehav2run:
    I feel your pain.  Today I got "Don't you look at me, Mommy!  I don't like that.  You are not nice to me" after I told her to stop doing something.  I would love to have my easygoing baby back.   Right now, she is in her bed fake whining for attention.  I am sure it will escalate into full on meltdown in a few minutes when we don't come running up there.  Two is very much overrated.  It was easy.  Three is clearly not.  Since we are starting three a couple of months early, does that mean it will end sooner too?  Humor me that.  I completely understand what you are dealing with right now.  My only answer is keep some adult beverage on hand at all times.

As I was telling you the other day, I agree that three is holy hell!

And I hate to break it to you, it's not going to end sooner, either.  Justin is so close to 4, he's breathing on it -- but he is still a little creep much of the time.  I want my sweet boy back too.

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • imagesistrkate:

imagehav2run:
    I feel your pain.  Today I got "Don't you look at me, Mommy!  I don't like that.  You are not nice to me" after I told her to stop doing something.  I would love to have my easygoing baby back.   Right now, she is in her bed fake whining for attention.  I am sure it will escalate into full on meltdown in a few minutes when we don't come running up there.  Two is very much overrated.  It was easy.  Three is clearly not.  Since we are starting three a couple of months early, does that mean it will end sooner too?  Humor me that.  I completely understand what you are dealing with right now.  My only answer is keep some adult beverage on hand at all times.

And I hate to break it to you, it's not going to end sooner, either.  Justin is so close to 4, he's breathing on it -- but he is still a little creep much of the time.  I want my sweet boy back too.

I was hoping you had changed your mind this week.  Stick out tongue  Darn!  I can't stomach the idea of a full year of this nonsense.  I had better start reading now, so we can find a way to stay sane.  Or I could just stock the barren liquor cabinet.  Drinks

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagehav2run:
    imagesistrkate:

imagehav2run:

I was hoping you had changed your mind this week.  Stick out tongue  Darn!  I can't stomach the idea of a full year of this nonsense.  I had better start reading now, so we can find a way to stay sane.  Or I could just stock the barren liquor cabinetDrinks

Or come to my house for a margarita  Stick out tongue 

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • I cannot imagine three being any worse than two...I may not be able to live through it!  Noah talks back more than any kid I've ever heard, and he's been doing it for months!  He doesn't even turn three for another 4 months!
  • You are making me so excited for DD to get older....Hopefully you can find some common ground on her wake up time 6am is E.A.R.L.Y!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • Three was a complete year of hell with DD so I've been dreading it with DS. Luckily, he seems to have gotten most of it out at two because so far things haven't been as bad as I remember with DD. 

Maybe I've just become accustomed to my kids talking back to me? Let's just say that age six has been a million times worse than three was, so maybe DS has been bad, but nothing in comparison to my 6-going-on-16 year-old.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"