August 2011 Moms
Options

The dogs got me...

So I have a lab/pit puppy that's six months old.  My neighbors have a German Shepherd puppy that's two weeks younder than my pup.  My dog weighs in at about 43lbs and theirs is weighing in at about 60-65lbs.  Since I've been on modified bed rest I haven't been taking my pup for walks or being as active with her as I'd like.  We have a huge fenced in back yard so today I told my neighbor to bring their pup over for the morning so the dogs could play and work out some of their energy.

Well they came inside to take a break for a few minutes and got very excited.  They jumped on the couch together and jumped onto the side of my belly.  It really hurt cuz they're pretty big dogs.  Gracie has been moving around in there all afternoon, but I've been crampy and sore since then.  My belly is so tight from the baby it was kinda like hitting a brick wall, but freaked me out none the less.  Again baby is moving so I am assuming all is well, just kinda freaked me out and now I'm all sore.

Married 8/23/09 Dx: Endometriosis mc 2003, mc 2005, mc Oct. 2009 and ectopic pg Feb. 2010 Baby Girl Gracie Mae born 5 weeks early on 7/6/11. Baby boy JT born full term on 7/5/12. We are blessed!

Re: The dogs got me...

• Options

I would call the doctor to let them know. Even if you feel fine. It never hurts to call.

I understand how it hurts. One of my cats jumped on my side the other day while I was laying on the couch, she weighs about 11 pounds. It hurt so badly, but only for a few moments. But you are right, it's like she jumped onto a brick wall!

Married & TTC #1 since 8/28/10 BFP #1 10/25/10 - EDD 7/5/11 -M/C 11/10/10 BFP #2 12/16/10 - EDD 8/26/11 - BORN 8/10/11 Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Phil413Phil413 member
    I would call the doctor too just for peace of mind, and like SarahRuth I understand how much that hurts. I have a 65 lb chocolate lab that will be 2 yrs old next month. He is trained not to jump but sometimes he just gets too excited. My sister has 2 VERY jumpy labs and when she was pregnant one knocked her down, gave her bruises, and the baby was fine. I'm just saying, you'd be surprised just how much padding and protection is in there for LO. Hope your belly feels better and your baby is okay, but I'm sure she is!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"