VBAC
Options

VBAC mommies: did you get your membranes stripped?

My OB isn't comfortable with any form of pitocin or any medicinal induction methods. He will however "strip the heck out of my membranes" to help me achieve going into labor as much as he can lol. I am excited for this option because I feel it's something I can do to possibly help get me that much closer to VBACing.

So if you had a VBAC or plan to, did you or will you get your membranes stripped and do you think it helped?

Re: VBAC mommies: did you get your membranes stripped?

• Options
    chicsubchicsub member
    I ended up doing it at 39w6d, but only b/c I was already around 4 cm (they could stretch to 6cm) with a bulging bag of waters and 90% effaced.  Plus I live almost an hour away from the hospital I was delivering at, so I had my membranes stripped and DH and I hung out and got a hotel that night and I was in full labor by the next evening.  My midwife doesn't think it was her that made things happen though b/c it was over 24 hours and my body was already on the brink anyways.
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I will be getting mine stripped tomorrow at my doctor appointment. My doctor brought it up awhile ago. She said it may not work but at least it's something that "might" help get things going instead of me getting to 40 weeks then it would come down to talking RCS.

I know it's not a sure thing but pitocin isn't an option and I'm getting close so I'm willing to let my doctor strip my membranes. It will also be my first internal tomorrow so maybe there will already be good news....hoping I'm a bit dilated:)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't. I walked all over town and ate lots of spicy Chinese food until I went into labor on my own right on my due date. lol I have no idea if it helped but it gave me something to think about.
  • Options
    I plan to ask my doctor this week at my appointment about membrane stripping.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The day before I went into labor and had my VBAC, the OB said she tried to strip my membranes as best she could, as I wasn't very dialated or effaced.   I think it helped.
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Options
    My doctor said he prefers not to strip membranes for VBACs. I didn't have my head on straight to ask him why....anyone know?
    Proud VBAC mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was 3cm at my appointment and my MW stripped my membranes. I delivered about 24 hours later. I think it worked.
    Chelsea; 7/22/2005 Carissa; 4/9/2011 Cassidy; 9/6/2012
    Baby #4; 7/7/2018
  • Options
    I did not get my membranes stripped.
  • Options
    Yes, I had it done and our daughter came 3 days later.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"