Parenting after a Loss
Options

Moms with kids 2 or older...

The idea of a triple stroller is a bit ridiculous. Was hoping to get away with a double - and just add one of those stand on stroller attachments for DS. For big trips (zoo, etc) we'll have to have a second adult, so he can always ride in a single for those events... Reasonable plan or not? He'll be 28 months or so when twins are born.
BFP#1 May 17, 2008
Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
BFP #2 September 25, 2008
Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP #3 February 6, 2011
First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Moms with kids 2 or older...

• Options
    xnbridexnbride member

I wouldn't get a triple stroller either. I would invest in a light weight umbrella stroller just in case. My 4.5y still rides in the stroller (mostly for convenience) so it is good to still have the option if you are on a day trip somewhere and you have help.

When you are by yourself I would recommend wearing one and pushing the two in the stroller or having your oldest walk/rid his trike alongside you.

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• Options
    DrDPMDrDPM member
    When Carter was born Emma was 20 months and Ryan was 31 months; he was walking completely on his own. By the time she was 2 Emma wanted no parts of a stroller, even for long walks...which is great because it's an easy way to tire them out for naps.  If I was taking all 3 of them to someplace with shopping carts, I'd park next to the cart returns, grab a cart and put all 3 it.  There wasn't ever a time I needed a triple stroller.  Also Tag-a-longs (www.tagalong.com) is a great tool for the toddlers - it gives them the freedom to walk by themselves, but still keeps them safe.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options

Very reasonable.  I bought a double and DS only rides in it when I do long long walks (we do several miles some days because I like walking) or if we're on very busy streets (there are a lot right around my town house). 

He was 27 months when J was born and since then we've done a bunch of zoo trips, mall trips etc and he prefers to walk and has done absolutely fine.  It took a bit of practice getting him to walk right with us (I used the stroller a lot last summer when I was pregnant and we were living in the city)...but I would make him hold the stroller or my hand if he wasn't listening.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I don't think I would get a triple either. I will say that my oldest, Kara, liked to ride in a stroller until 3ish. Maybe get a double with a board on the back. (I can't think of the name.) I know the Baby Jogger's have that option available. That way he could stand or if you were wearing one of the twins he had the option of riding as well. :)

Although....I remember seeing a super cool looking triple stroller made by I think Valco....not sure on that brand though. Smile

image DD Kara Ashton 11/16/01 SD Karlee Nicole 11/04/00 DD Karsyn Joy 5/15/09 DS Connor Mack 2/25/11 DD Kaitlyn Mae 12/14/12 2 angels 6/2/08 and 6/9/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
  • Options
    My son was 15m when the twins were born. If I had to take all 3 kids out by myself I would wear my daughter (she was the smallest) and put the boys in the stroller. Just before my son turned 2 he wanted nothing to do with the stroller. Now that he is 3, he wants to push the twins in the stroller.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"