Health & Exercise

new exercise suggestion

hi there,

I am 9 weeks pregnant and wanted to get some suggestions about exercise.  I used to play sports when i was younger but I slowly became less active and overweight. The Dr. said they want a 20-25 lbs increase. I am already over 200 so this weight gain scares the daylights out of me. I am on my feet constanlty moving at work, but at home I am a sloth.  Now that i can't loose weight because I am preggo, I want to start becoming active again. What are some good starting activites to do? Something that I can get used to. I am not the type to join a gym. I do, however own an elliptical and zumba DVDs.  I know that a new habit takes 30 days to become a part of a routine.  I want to start now so when the baby comes it "may be easier" to continue. My fear is that I will continue to be "lazy" and won't be able to drop the pregnancy weight.  

Re: new exercise suggestion

• My most helpful tip is to find something you enjoy that elevates your heart rate and do it right after work before you sit down.  Once I start relaxing after work it is impossible to get up and get moving again!  Zumba is wonderful exercise and the time goes by so fast.  I like doing Zumba at the gym in group classes then light weight-lifting.  Just be careful--avoid too much spinning or jerking motions.  Have fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"