Austin Babies
Options

can I use an iPod at the Danskin?

I just read in an article that you can't use headphones in a triathlon. Is that true of the Danskin as well?? I just can't imagine doing the running part without music.....
Pregnancy Ticker CP 4w1d March '11
Clomid 50mg June '11 - BFN
Clomid 100 mg Oct '11 - BFN
Clomid 150 mg Nov '11 - BFP @9dpo! Beta#1 @10dpo: 22; Beta#2 @12dpo: 67 Beta#3 @18dpo: 1069! EDD 8-16-12
My (mostly) business travel blog

Re: can I use an iPod at the Danskin?

• Options

I just found this on their site:

IS AN IPOD/WALKMAN OR OTHER DEVICE WITH HEADPHONES ALLOWED DURING THE BIKE AND RUN?

USA Triathlon rules 5.8 Illegal Equipment stats: Any participants who at any time uses, wears or carries a headset, radio, headphones, personal audio device, or any other item described in Section 3.4(i) shall be assessed a variable time penalty.

https://www.danskintriathlon.net/FAQ.html

I'd try doing your runs/bikes this week without headphones. Good luck! I'll be there watching :)

• Options
    thank you! not the answer I was hoping for though...... it says no headphones. I guess they probably don't want me to have my music on speakers either? dangit
    Clomid 150 mg Nov '11 - BFP @9dpo! Beta#1 @10dpo: 22; Beta#2 @12dpo: 67 Beta#3 @18dpo: 1069! EDD 8-16-12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mcurbanmcurban member

I haven't done Danskin, but even when the USA track and field rules said that you couldn't wear headphones, people still did it. The only people who didn't were the Elites, where a "variable time penalty" mattered (i.e., they thought they were going to cash in the race).

If it were me and I had been training w/ them, I'd wear 'em. It's a time penalty, they won't kick you off the course.

• Options
    mcurbanmcurban member
    I just glanced through photos from the Orlando race and there are several people w/ headphones on.
  • Options
    imagemcurban:

I haven't done Danskin, but even when the USA track and field rules said that you couldn't wear headphones, people still did it. The only people who didn't were the Elites, where a "variable time penalty" mattered (i.e., they thought they were going to cash in the race).

If it were me and I had been training w/ them, I'd wear 'em. It's a time penalty, they won't kick you off the course.

this, but I have done danskin. But I would NOT wear them for the bike, just for the run. The bike is much more dngerous with lots of people shouting to pass
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageebat:
    imagemcurban:

this, but I have done danskin. But I would NOT wear them for the bike, just for the run. The bike is much more dngerous with lots of people shouting to pass

Thanks!! you guys are awesome. I would never wear earbuds on a bike ride, that just seems too dangerous. Especially for an inexperienced rider like me. But for the run, I will definitely use them. Yay! I feel much better.

• Options
    It all depends on the volunteers and officials. You can get disqualified from medal contention, but they won't pull you off the course. Of course don't wear them on the bike. If you care about looking like an experienced triathlete, don't try to sneak them on the run. There will be plenty of people to talk to on the run. Make sure you hydrate. Its always so damned hot!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"