Washington Babies

Crib Soothers

Have you used them?  Do they work?  We have no issues with going to sleep.  Our issue is staying asleep/not waking up the other baby. 

DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
We're Finally Three

Re: Crib Soothers

• I can't think of the name of it, but it is a lamb that plays all sorts of soothing sounds.  My cousin said it worked great for them.  I know they have it at BRU.
    M + K = 05.16.09 | A.P. = 02.27.11
  • imageMrsKatie:
    I can't think of the name of it, but it is a lamb that plays all sorts of soothing sounds.  My cousin said it worked great for them.  I know they have it at BRU.

The sleep sheep?  I don't think the kid can turn that one on by himself... I can't remember but I don't think there's an easy squeeze thing.  

We have a fisher price aquarium and we have the music part of his old tiny love mobile, and he turns them on in the morning, but so far he hasn't ever turned it on to fall asleep in the middle of the night.   But I think if I really wanted that to happen I should probably start turning it on for him to fall asleep at night too.  ANd with Ben, he used them more like entertainment than soothing.  So I havent' tried to pair them with a falling asleep type thing. 

• Loading the player...
  • We have something similar to this one, I bought it at the consignment shop for like $ 8 I think.  I turn it on at night when I put LO to sleep, sometimes I hear him turn it off and then turn it back on a few min later.  Sometimes in the am he turns it on before I go and get him.  They don't make the one I have anymore but it has a few settings and I like that.  For example in the middle of the night I turn on just the music but no light which is pretty bright in the middle of the night but ok when he is first going to sleep.  If he wakes up in the night and is upset and I can turn it on and he will usually lay down and go back to sleep.

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-L6925-Ocean-Wonders-Aquarium/dp/B000NW5RWQ/ref=dp_cp_ob_t_title_1

• We never really used crib soothers, other than those glow seahorses to help them fall alseep, but we have always used a turbo fan for the white noise.....it has always been angled away from their cribs so it isn't blowing on them. It is pretty loud and I think it has helped a lot with keeping them from waking each other up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We swear by big oscillating fans in the kids' rooms for white noise.  I don't think they could sleep without them!!

As babies, both used the FP Projection Ocean Wonders mobile.  It could be turned on remotely and had so many different settings, it was great for middle of the night wakings.  Like you, both of mine never have had a problem going to sleep, STAYING asleep was the issue.  I think Fisher Price phased that style out, but there are similar styles around.

• imagepixelvixen:

We swear by big oscillating fans in the kids' rooms for white noise.  I don't think they could sleep without them!!

As babies, both used the FP Projection Ocean Wonders mobile.  It could be turned on remotely and had so many different settings, it was great for middle of the night wakings.  Like you, both of mine never have had a problem going to sleep, STAYING asleep was the issue.  I think Fisher Price phased that style out, but there are similar styles around.

I have one I am looking to get rid of, its all yours if you wanna try it out!

• we never used an in crib soother, well I guess I should say that I tried to force that seahorse thing on him but he hated it...  But do you guys use a sound machine at all?   We have the Homedics Sound Spa Lullaby on Rain noise all night long and Holden sleeps through everything with that thing on!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HoMedics-SoundSpa-Lullaby-With-Picture-Projection/5913225?sourceid=1500000000000007346330&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=5913225 

This is the one we have, but we got it at BBB with a coupon.

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"