Pregnant after IF
Options

s/o acupuncture

Coming over from IVF...

I saw the acupuncture post below, and I'm curious if anyone here used electro-acupuncture?  My RE is recommending it for me b/c of restricted blood flow in one of the arteries leading to my uterus. 

Does it feel much different than "regular" acupuncture?  (I've never done either type...)  Did you notice big improvements?

Thanks for your help!

Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
DX: High FSH/DOR
It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: s/o acupuncture

• Options
    I assume this is where they attach the wires and power to the needles?  Mine did this to build me up for my cycles and it feels kinda cool, though you will feel much more than with just the needles.  I've gotten pg each time.  GL!
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

My acupuncturist did it.  I had regular needles in my hands, feet, etc., but for the needles on my lower back or near my uterus, she hooked up the little cables. 

It was weird, but didn't feel terribly different.  I didn't get pregnant on my fresh IVF but had a very successful ER, and was able to get pregnant on my first frozen cycle. (I continued acupuncture weekly from the time I began BCP until the positive beta, then went every two weeks for the first tri.)

wishing you lots of luck.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Leading up to my IVF cycle, I had acu 2x a week for 5 weeks with electro stim. It does feel stronger than regular acu, but it doesn't hurt. I did get pregnant and had an amazing baby and I'm sure the electro-stim helped!

good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"