Parenting after a Loss
Options

We HATE our Britax Marathon

Took it out this weekend. Washed everything. But it back in my car forward facing (yeah - 4 days before DS turns 2 and before he hit the weight limit - sue me!). That seat is a pain in the a$$. Hand wash the cover? I don't think so. The directions are terrible. I really wanted to put the stupid thing in the trash!!! I PPH my Radian 65. Too bad it's heavy for travel. But this mama will never buy another Britax. I might be the only woman in America who feels this way - everyone else seems to love Britax - but I have nothing but bad things to say!!!
BFP#1 May 17, 2008
Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
BFP #2 September 25, 2008
Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP #3 February 6, 2011
First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011

Re: We HATE our Britax Marathon

• Options
    Hmmm, interesting. I'll have to look into the Radian also when we get ready to switch.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I must be psychic. I was just thinking on the way home from DCP and wondering how 3 carseats will fit in the back seat for you. Lol.
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejen-dale:
    I must be psychic. I was just thinking on the way home from DCP and wondering how 3 carseats will fit in the back seat for you. Lol.
    LOL. Supposedly you can fit 3 Radians across one backseat. They are pretty narrow. But I imagine it would be a pain to get a kiddo into that middle carseat??? We are looking at SUVs with 3rd row seating.
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
  • Options
    I love both my radian and my britax. I haven't tried washing the britax cover yet...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageHisKathy:
    I love both my radian and my britax. I haven't tried washing the britax cover yet...
    I ignored the directions and washed it in washing machine on gentle cycle. It was fine. Just thought it was ridiculous idea to wash anything for an infant/toddler by hand!!!
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
  • Options

imagelkstor:
    imagejen-dale:
    LOL. Supposedly you can fit 3 Radians across one backseat. They are pretty narrow. But I imagine it would be a pain to get a kiddo into that middle carseat??? We are looking at SUVs with 3rd row seating.

FWIW, we're looking at the 2011 (or maybe 2012 since we're not planning on purchasing for another year) Dodge Durango.  3rd row seating.  Plenty of room to have some leg room in the front seat when convertible is installed in the second seat.  Comes with a hemi on some models if that's your thing (not ours), and has very cool entertainment options. 

We have 2 Jeep Liberties now... and found out that even with the Jeep Grand Cherokee or Jeep Commander (no longer made) the space between the bench seat and the front seats is the same distance!  Boo (we're a Jeep family).  So, now we're moving to Dodge.

As for the seat itself, I haven't tried to wash the cover yet, but I am supposed to call Britax and have them tell me over the phone how to remove the cover/belt to replace it.  The little velcro tab things for the straps to stick to when the baby is not in the seat do not exactly line up, so they sent me a new one. 

• Options
    The 2011 Honda Pilot is great with 3 rd row seating.
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

imagelkstor:
    imagejen-dale:

The family I nannied for had 3 carseats in the back seat!  It was hard getting baby in the middle seat, but honestly you get used to it.  You'd be surprised how quickly you can get them in/out while wedging yourself inside in the backseat. :)  They eventually switched to an SUV with 3rd row seating and in order to avoid having to take the car seat out each time we went somewhere so that one kid could get into the back, the oldest would climb through the trunk to get into his seat in the 3rd row!  Haha. 

• Options
    We have a Nissan Pathfinder with 3rd row seating.  We love it.
  • Options
    Oh, don't say that!  I have one on the way!  I love our Roundabout, though, so maybe I have the Britax love, too.
    Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
  • Options
    I love my Radian XTSL :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"