Babies on the Brain

American Airlines will no longer gate check large strollers.

Clicky.

No strollers over 20 lbs.  You'll need to bring an umbrella stroller or collapsible.

Sadie is not impressed.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
"This ribbon has been reported." - lovesnina

Re: American Airlines will no longer gate check large strollers.

• Well then, I guess I will be flying Southwest if I end up having to fly back home by myself with the kids for my brother's wedding this fall. 
  • Oh,  but they'll gate check the 50+ lb "carryon" suitcase(s) that some schmuck decides he wants to try to get on board w/o paying the baggage fee?

Charming. 

Are they going to stop allowing gate-checked wheelchairs, too?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrs_Liberto:

Oh,  but they'll gate check the 50+ lb "carryon" suitcase(s) that some schmuck decides he wants to try to get on board w/o paying the baggage fee?

Charming. 

Sure, but they'll charge an arm and a leg. 

• imagecaffinated_tulip:
    imageMrs_Liberto:

Oh,  but they'll gate check the 50+ lb "carryon" suitcase(s) that some schmuck decides he wants to try to get on board w/o paying the baggage fee?

Charming. 

But what if they only have 1 leg to begin with?  What then? 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrsadamc 05:
    imagecaffinated_tulip:
    imageMrs_Liberto:

Charming. 

I believe that a spleen and a kidney are worth a leg now-a-days, but my organ exchange rate might be off.

• imagemrsadamc 05:
    imagecaffinated_tulip:
    imageMrs_Liberto:

Charming. 

Congrats! You're shyt outta luck.

Also, serious question-- if your child is too small for an umbrella stroller and you don't own a carrier/sling/Moby, what the heck are you supposed to do while traveling? I get that some of the big travel systems are a huge inconvenience, but I'm not really coming up with other alternatives.

• imageMrs_Liberto:
    imagemrsadamc 05:
    imagecaffinated_tulip:
    imageMrs_Liberto:

Charming. 

Also, serious question-- if your child is too small for an umbrella stroller and you don't own a carrier/sling/Moby, what the heck are you supposed to do while traveling? I get that some of the big travel systems are a huge inconvenience, but I'm not really coming up with other alternatives.

I'm not really sure what they'd have you do. I wore Sadie through the airport but still needed my stroller bc I was using it as a luggage rack of sorts to carry my carry on and diaper bag. I'm sure this policy was dreamt up by a man who has no clue/care about how crazy traveling with a baby is. I'm also wondering if other airlines will follow suit, as they all did with baggage fees. That would suck. Also, what if you're planning on using a carseat for your baby, are you supposed to carry that through the airport?
    Sadie is not impressed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "This ribbon has been reported." - lovesnina
  • imageValentineBB:
    imageMrs_Liberto:
    imagemrsadamc 05:
    imagecaffinated_tulip:
    imageMrs_Liberto:

Charming. 

I'm not really sure what they'd have you do. I wore Sadie through the airport but still needed my stroller bc I was using it as a luggage rack of sorts to carry my carry on and diaper bag. I'm sure this policy was dreamt up by a man who has no clue/care about how crazy traveling with a baby is. I'm also wondering if other airlines will follow suit, as they all did with baggage fees. That would suck. Also, what if you're planning on using a carseat for your baby, are you supposed to carry that through the airport?

We did the same thing with stuff in the stroller & that's an excellent point about the carseat!

This is why we fly SW - cause they rock. :)

TTC #1 - Cycle 29 - BFP!! 03/05/10
    Blog BFP Chart Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • WTF are people supposed to do with multiples or multiple children that are different ages? Lug around a bunch of umbrella strollers? But the guy in seat F14 can bring his gigantic suitcase on and shove it over head? That's really annoying.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well, hopefully AA would get it back to you in one piece, which is more than I can say for Delta.  
    photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"