Starting 3day PT method soon... — The Bump
Potty Training

Starting 3day PT method soon...

So I finally got around to DLing the e-book. I looked over it today and will probably re-read over the next few days and I'm hoping to start the process sometime this month. Honestly, I'm a little overwhelmed.

Please, please, share your words of wisdom, experiences, tips, anything!

Re: Starting 3day PT method soon...

• I did this over Memorial day weekend.

I started on Friday evening when we got home from work/day care. On our way home we bought a new potty (this is our 2nd - one for each floor).  When we got home she was excited so we tried the underpants.

She went to bed with no problems and when she woke in the morning we went right to potty (yippee, we did it).

But....Saturday was a different story.  By the time she told me she had to potty - the floor was already soaked.  We went through 12 pair of underpants - my frustration leevel was through the roof  - I felt like I was failing!  But - I stuck with it.  Kept telling her how proud I was, checking for dry undies, reminding her to tell me - I felt like Positive Polly!

Seriously - I was ready to give up.  I wanted to get out of the house.  I was tired of being cooped up and not able to do anything.  I felt bad for keeping DD in on such a beautiful weekend, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Then Saturday evening - it happened - DD said "Mommy - I have to go potty"  and I was off like an olympic runner.  Scooped up DD ran to potty - pull down panties - and - YES - she peed!  and the underpants were dry - I was going to cry!

And - that is where the accidents ended!  We went all Sunday and Monday accident free.  We even went out to Rita's on Monday and had no problem!

We make her "try" to pee before every nap/bedtime, as soon as she gets up from nap/bedtime, and befor enay outing.  Other than that we let her tell us when she wants to go.

She did have 2 accidents at daycare yesterday - but I have a feeling this was the teacher not listening to DD.  Once we got home yesterday -and all morning today - no accidents.

Seriously - I can not believe that it worked - but I am so happy that it did!

Everyone keep stelling me that you can't potty train in 3 days - I say - Yes you can!

DD will be 26 months this weekend!

• Thanks so much for posting this. I know there are other success stories that have been posted but sometimes we just need fresh reminders. I'm trying to figure out when I can get a three day weekend where we can stick to being home....hopefully before the end of June!

He was very excited about his new "Cars" potty that we got this weekend so hopefully that will kick things in gear. I'm just really nervous that I'm going to get too frustrated to quick.

Did you find it difficult staying with your daughter all the time? Where there any specific things that seemed to help with the process?

• Loading the player...
  • I di dfind it difficult and found myslef snapping at DH a few times.  It is ahrd to completely lose your freedom - especially for 3 days.

But - I had DH read the 3dpt and every now and then (especially right after she had peed) I woul dhave him take her for 30 minutes - this way I could shower - or drink a cup of coffee - or even just check my e-mail.

Also - I got a new movie (Gnomeo and Juliet) so I wouldn't be as bored and by day 2 I was even going out in the back yard with her a little bit ( just to get outside).

In the end - you can't be with your child constantly - you both need breaks!  And I founf the best time for me to sneak away for a little was right after a successful potty trip!  (we normally had 90 minutes to 2 hours between potty trips).

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards