Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Baby Proofing Vertical Blinds

Hi Ladies,

My name is Lisa I'm a freelance writer/SAHM to Michael, 9 months. He's not crawling, but he's rolling like a live fish! Recently, he's getting into our vertical blinds, which are hung on two sets of sliding glass doors and in a bay window.

Any advice on how to baby proof these? The cords are not a problem, right now they're high enough that he'd need to be about 4 feet tall to reach them, but the actual blinds ... he loves to play with them and I don't know how to secure them so they don't go toppling down. I've read online about paper clipping the blinds together, but I can't quite grasp it!

Any insight would be great!

Lisa 

BFP 8/12/12 m/c 8/19/12 BFP 12/1/12 EDD 8/11/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Baby Proofing Vertical Blinds

• Options
    We have them on our sliding doors, but I just teach them early not to touch them. When my LO grabs them I say "No, no" and move him to a different area of the room. He forgets about them and plays with something else.

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • Options

imageRedCardinal:
    We have them on our sliding doors, but I just teach them early not to touch them. When my LO grabs them I say "No, no" and move him to a different area of the room. He forgets about them and plays with something else.

Pretty much this!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"