Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How much does you 2 and a half month old eat?

C was 5 lbs 12 oz at birth.  5 lbs 5oz at two days old, 6 lbs 9oz at two weeks, Then 9lbs 8oz at two months,   She eats five ounces every four-five hours during the day, then she sleeps from 11pm- 9am  I feel like she eats ALOT but where she goes for sauch a long stretch at night without eating, i guess it evens out. My thing is, she should be happy after she eats, and she isnt unless she eats 5oz. she never spits up, she never crieS unless shes hungry, wet, or tired....  how much does your LO eat?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much does you 2 and a half month old eat?

• Options

I BF on demand and don't really know, but if I had to guess, I would say most days she eats every 3ish hours, so anywhere from 4-6 oz (based on what I'm able to pump). When I go back to work she'll be close to 3 months and I'll send her with 3-4 oz bottles for my 8-9 hour day.

HTH. 

Stasa 01.15.09 * Lexi 03.24.11 * Tommy 04.27.13 * Merklet #4 due 10.10.15

BLOG    THE BABY STANDARD    FLICKR    VIDEOS

• Options

that doesn't seem a lot to me... how many bottles is that in a day? 4-5? i have heard that babies should get 25-32oz and that for the first six months the total quantity stays in that range, they just get bigger bottles less frequently as they grow older.

right now we're trying to figure out if we should be at 4.5 or 5oz for DS. he eats just about every 3 hours during the day with really long stretches at night (sleeps 7:30/8pm - 4ish, bottle, then 2-3 more hours of sleep). he ends up with 6 bottles total which puts him about 27-30oz a day.

i think if your LO seems happy as can be after 5oz, you should stick with that.  

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD eats very close to this amount. If not a little more. Probably 5 oz close to every 3-4 hours. Follow LO's cues. Everyone told me my DD was eating too much, I asked my Pedi. She said it was perfectly fine if she wasn't getting fussy after eating and spitting up.
  • Options
    DD takes about 28oz per day. all breast milk.
  • Options
    My son is 10 weeks old and he eats 4-5oz every two hours but then sleeps for 7 hours straight at night...just let your baby tell you how much to eat. As long as her Doc doesn't think she is overweight you are doing great!
  • Options

LO is eating 5-5.5 OZ every 3 hours except at night he goes down around 7:30-8pm and sleeps till 4am and if he does wake up in the middle of the night he only takes about 3 oz and goes back down. 

Like the pp said if your LO is taking without spitting up a lot it's not too much.  

• Options
    imageaubreyalise:

that doesn't seem a lot to me... how many bottles is that in a day? 4-5? i have heard that babies should get 25-32oz and that for the first six months the total quantity stays in that range, they just get bigger bottles less frequently as they grow older.

right now we're trying to figure out if we should be at 4.5 or 5oz for DS. he eats just about every 3 hours during the day with really long stretches at night (sleeps 7:30/8pm - 4ish, bottle, then 2-3 more hours of sleep). he ends up with 6 bottles total which puts him about 27-30oz a day.

i think if your LO seems happy as can be after 5oz, you should stick with that.  

DS takes about 4oz every 3 hours - but sometimes he seems still hungry so he'll get more... sometimes he doesn't finish a 4oz bottle so I'm hesitant to bump it up to more ozs... I think it works out to be about the same as what your LO is taking, just less of it, more often.  I can't wait til I'm in your shoes!  Smile

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"