Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Joint Pain/Arthritis?

At about 5 weeks after delivering our DD my knees,hips and back all began to ache really bad. My knees and hips get to the point where going up or down stairs is excruciating and even standing up while holding my DD is so painful. My Dr said it could be pregnancy induced arthritis and said to take Ibuprofen as needed-well that does nothing for the pain and I hate taking pills.Plus he said it could take up to a year to go away and I can't imagine taking pain pills fpr a year!  I also have severe pain/burning in my mid-back under my shoulder blade and I am wondering if any of you have pains like this and what you are doing for it. I hate to complain and try to work through it but it's getting worse... My LO is now 10 weeks and I am still in so much pain. Thank you in advance for any advice!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Joint Pain/Arthritis?

• Options

If you find an answer, please let me know.  I have had joint pain for 3 weeks now and it doesn't seem like it will be going away anytime soon. It's just in my legs, knees, ankles, and feet, luckly not my back.  I asked my doctor about it at my 6 week appointment but she didn't know what it could be. I thought that was strange because I was sure it was the pregnancy induced arthritis.  She told me to see my PCP but I feel all they will say is take meds. Uh...so I take about 600mg of Ibuprofen about 2-3 times a day. It helps a little.

Good luck to you.

• Options
    I don't have any advice.  I got pregnancy induced arthritis shortly after I had my DS and it didn't go away until he was about 13 months old.  It was incredibly painful and there was nothing I could do to make it better.  Some mornings it was so painful I could barely get out of bed. This pregnancy I got it in my 2nd trimester but it went away after I delivered.  I'm just hoping it doesn't come back.
    imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"