September 2011 Moms
Options

Belly binding afterwards-anyone planning on doing this?

Has anyone done this with a prior pregnancy and thinks it helped? If so what did you use? or is anyone going to try it this time? Thanks!
Former nest name=nettie Mom to Nick 09/13/05, Isabel 07/20/07, and Tori 09/08/11 image

Re: Belly binding afterwards-anyone planning on doing this?

• Options
    A co-worker of mine had twins and recommended it to me. I am going to at least try it and see if I can still do everything comfortably.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Can you enlighten me? I have no idea what "belly-binding" is..
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a few friends who swear by it and really did bounce back into shape super fast. My sister too, and she gave me hers.
    ~ Josh & Jill, married 5/2/09 ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageJo&Matt6609:
    Can you enlighten me? I have no idea what "belly-binding" is..

Yes please enlighten me too!!! Especially if it works!

• Options

I think I may.

Does anyone know of any that have plus sizes? Or is it just a one size fits all? I tend to carry most of my weight in my belly and I really want to get one.

• Options
    I am VERY interested and have heard only positive reviews, but I need more information!
  • Options

Basically, belly binding is wrapping your midsection tightly postpartum with either a band or tight waist-cincher thing. It helps your uterus shrink back faster and holds the muscles in tight to help everything tighten up quicker.

You can either get the bands made especially for it or improvise and just wear a tight body shaper.

~ Josh & Jill, married 5/2/09 ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    SFAug07SFAug07 member
    I used the Belly Bandit for about 2-3 weeks after Sarah was born and had a flat belly then. It also felt good to have something to hold your belly in right after birth. I'll use it again after this baby.
  • Options

My mom (a lot of her friends), some of my aunts, and I think my grandmother did this - although they never really had a name for it ("belly binding") - they just used girdles.  They have all admitted that in order for it to work, you have to be diligent, and put it on and keep it on daily.  I've never questioned not doing it, because I've seen the great results - it does really help + breastfeading (naturally contracts the uterus) makes the healing process/pre-preg.body bounce back faster.  My mom has had 4 kids and is turning 58/59? this year, and her stomach is as flat as a pancake.  I'm not going to use any special wrap persay, but I do have some body shaper-underwear stuff / girdles, and I do have a bustier (which I know my DH will love to see me in more often).   Big Smile

note - I don't know how "belly binding" would work for someone who's had/is having a C-section, as all the women I know had vaginal births.

• Options
    KatKanKatKan member
    Yep- Planning on doing this too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You can ask your OB or the hospital where you deliver, they may give you one. My OB gave me one the 2nd day after delivery to wear. It actually made my c-section less painful when I walked around. I wore it for about 2 weeks. I didn't have a flat stomach before, but it definitely helped me recover. 
  • Options

I used this the day of my c/s....https://csectionrecoverykit.com/ for about 3 weeks then I used this...https://www.bellybandit.com/BellyBandits.aspx

I loved them both, I will be wearing them again after this c/s.

• Options
    imageExpectantSteelerFan:

I ordered a cheap velcro band from amazon.com last time (and ended up having to get a 2nd size as well).  I had a c/s, and I had asked my dr. at the hospital if it was ok and he said yes.  I was slightly overweight to begin with, so my belly never really got flat (plus with a c/s you end up with a pouch of skin that overhangs the scar unless you're super skinny I think), but it really helped with the pain of c/s recovery!

However, my scar started getting irritated, and a nurse I saw at one of my pp appointments yelled at me for wearing it, so I'm really going to have to ask my dr. this time if it's ok with a c/s.

I would think this is because the lack of air that gets to the incision. I was talking to my OB about c/s's this last week and he was saying that it's harder for overweight women because of the lack of air.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"