November 2011 Moms
Options

Any other FTM had an "oh sh*t, I'm having a kid!" moment?

I was sitting on the couch last night quiely watching tv with DH on one side and my doggie on the other, and everything was so peaceful. Well, I guess this LO wanted to be part of the action so started kicking away. It gave me this very strange moment of clarity that, "oh sh*t, this is really happening! In 5 months, life as we know it will be completely different..." it gave me a mini panic attack. We have been so caught up in being pregnant and having so much fun talking about the future, but almost as a fantasy, not reality... well, I spose this is as real as it gets. Anyone else have a moment like this?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Any other FTM had an "oh sh*t, I'm having a kid!" moment?

• Options
    Yes, with increasing frequency. Lol. I keep waiting for it to sink in all the way so maybe those will stop.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2 since 1/1/13

image    imageimage
  • Options

yep. it happened yesterday.

a few other bumpies had mentioned leaky nipples and dried white crusty stuff around their nipples a few days ago. completely gross, i know. i thought to myself ew! what weirdos.. haha and low and behold, what do i see when i take off my bathing suit top yesterday. dried white crusty stuff. it grossed me out and freaked me out all at the same time. i've had a relatively symptom free pregnancy up to this point, besides the baby bump.. but the leaky nips definitely gave me the "oh sh*t!  i really am pregnant!" momentary freak out. and even though its happening to me now.. i'm still grossed out by it. haha

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All the time. I'm really good at the preparing part. I'm researching, purchasing, etc. We were sitting down on the couch the other day, and I said, "Crap, we are having a baby. How do you actually take care of one?" Luckily, my husband seems much calmer about that part. We make a good team. 
  • Options
    Yep!  I've had quite a few of them lately!  I freaked when I realized with all of our travel and other things going on we only have 17 weekends to get ready for LO - that means 34 days to get the room and the entire house prepped!  OH CRAP!!!
  • Options
    Yes, but in a different way. When my DH, DD and I have a sweet (quiet) family moment with just the 3 of us, I think, "Wow, we won't be having too many more of these." I really try to focus on the positive and not mourn the passing one-on-one time with DD. It's bitter-sweet though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    this happened to me last night....on top of that, i was sitting on the couch with DH when I realized that also I know nothing about babies, i know nothing about strollers, car seats etc. there is so much researching to do and just not enough time to do it.

• Options
    Boarding a plane yesterday I looked at the jetway and it was loaded with strollers and car seats.  And I immediately thought, "oh fVck....this is so me next summer with how much we love to travel".  I mean, I LOVE that we are finally on our way to starting a family, but all that crap you have to lug around really changes your perspective on flying!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I swing between a state of blissful denial to 'we are so screwed' several times a day. 
  • Options
    I had that feeling/thought this past weekend when DH finished installing a new closet organizer for the nursery and I placed a some folded baby clothes we received as gifts in one of the drawers.

• Options
    Had this moment just the other day! Dh and I were watching tv with our 2 cats and dog and i looked around and he looked at me and said what is it? i said i just realzied that in a few months we want be sitting here with just the nosie from the tv going it will be a baby also! im so HAPPY we are having a baby but got sad at the same time knowing we will never be just me and him anymore but cant wait until November!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagesimpson04:
    Had this moment just the other day! Dh and I were watching tv with our 2 cats and dog and i looked around and he looked at me and said what is it? i said i just realzied that in a few months we want be sitting here with just the nosie from the tv going it will be a baby also! im so HAPPY we are having a baby but got sad at the same time knowing we will never be just me and him anymore but cant wait until November!

This exactly! We are so excited to have a LO but love our time alone together so much, I hope we will still get time to ourselves.. ha ha :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagekellyjg123:
    I swing between a state of blissful denial to 'we are so screwed' several times a day. 

This! But it's mostly blissful denial. 

• Options
    jenb_99jenb_99 member
    Yep. Mostly in a good way, but also in a "OMG, I'll never get to sleep till noon again" or "This is our last summer for spontaneous dinners in other cities."

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options

imagejjswife08:
    Yep!  I've had quite a few of them lately!  I freaked when I realized with all of our travel and other things going on we only have 17 weekends to get ready for LO - that means 34 days to get the room and the entire house prepped!  OH CRAP!!!

I've never thought to count the weekend days.Surprise.. now I'm really freaked out!

• Options
    This has gotten better for me for now. I freak out that we will be outnumbered (baby #3) I only have 2 hands ,how will I manage 3 kids?
  • Options

A few times...but to be honest I also still get "Oh crap I'm actually MARRIED?!" feelings every now and then too.  :P

I knew in my gut that I was preggo the day before I took a home test. Between being terrified of the changes this meant and wanting to so badly to confirm what I already suspected, I spent the whole night crying my eyes out. 

I haven't had a cry in a while...but I still get "Oh crap!  How are we going to do this?!" moments. 

• Options
    I'm scared to death, I cannot keep my household plants alive.
  • Options

LOL PP

I actually had that moment last week while I was reading my breastfeeding book. There's nothing that scares me more about having a kid than it sucking away at my boob. I know it's good for baby and natural and all that, which is why I'm so pro-breastfeeding. But I've seen my sister's nipples after 3 kids and OMG....

But most of the time those moments just make me more anxious to meet our little girl.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • Options

OMG YES!! Especially to the panic attack part, lol. For me it has been "OMG what have we done?!?!" type moments. Yesterday DH and I were sitting in the living room and he said something (I have absolutely no idea what, but it was not baby related) and I just looked up from the computer and started bawling  "there is a crib in our kitchen...a CRIB...in OUR kitchen..." Crying DH thought this was funny, as he does most of my hormonal moments. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"