June 2011 Moms
Options

sex & water breaking

just curious... can your water break while you're having sex?  sorry if this is a random, stupid question.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: sex & water breaking

• Options
    Lol I was just thinking about this the other day and had no clue!  Wonder if someone will know. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I actually asked DH "what if my water breaks while we are having sex?"  He was not amused :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hypothetically I don't see why not.  I mean it can break any time.  But often you have contractions before your water breaks. I can't imagine having sex while having contractions!!
  • Options
    vigurlvigurl member
    Maybe if you had an orgasm [:)
  • Options
    0hkgbs0hkgbs member
     A co-worker at my old job said this happened to her with her second baby, so I would assume it's possible.
  • Options
    ChicwedChicwed member
    well, i haven't had any contractions yet but as of last wednesday i was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced.  i guess we'll find out tonight!  i'm kind of scared!
  • Options
    11kacey11kacey member

on the same subject, can I ask another question (stupid). First off.. op, your question wasn't dumb at all.. mine might be.

I've read TWICE on these boards that a poster's doctor or midwife said that when the baby gets to a certain station they can be poked during sex. Wouldn't your cervix need to be dilated for that to happen? I mean if my husband is umm average or a bit below is he really going to poke the baby with his penis? I can understand IF I was 5 cm dilated and 100% effaced AND at zero station.. but other than that..? really?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, a friend of mine had her water break while having sex... she thought her DH peed in her... sorry if that's TMI
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    ChicwedChicwed member

imageMammaBear81:
    Yes, a friend of mine had her water break while having sex... she thought her DH peed in her... sorry if that's TMI

omg.  that's hilarious that she thought her DH peed in her!! 

• Options
    ChicwedChicwed member
    image11kacey:

on the same subject, can I ask another question (stupid). First off.. op, your question wasn't dumb at all.. mine might be.

I've read TWICE on these boards that a poster's doctor or midwife said that when the baby gets to a certain station they can be poked during sex. Wouldn't your cervix need to be dilated for that to happen? I mean if my husband is umm average or a bit below is he really going to poke the baby with his penis? I can understand IF I was 5 cm dilated and 100% effaced AND at zero station.. but other than that..? really?  

i don't know about this, but i, too, have read it on these boards.  maybe you can start a new post with this question.  :) 

• Options

imageMammaBear81:

I can only imagine the conversation in that bedroom!  Thanks for the laugh!

• Options
    MrsSC9MrsSC9 member

I guess it could happen at anytime..

although, it hasn't happened to me yet- and I wanted it too-LOL

• Options
    Had sex yesterday and could have sworn my water broke during it...i was wrong...but I didnt dare say anything to Dh - I think I am pushing it wanting sex past 39 weeks...i think he is starting to wonder about the "poking" as well Indifferent
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • Options

I still enjoy sex! My DH thinks I am little crazy. I will have the more difficult time going 6 weeks post partum. Not concerned about my water breaking, because I am still completely closed...

Another side question..If your water broke during sex and you and DH finished the deed, would the semen pose a risk to the baby?

• Options
    I havn't been reallyin the mood or I guess I should say my lady parts have been a little too plump for me to feel comfortable with the idea. Then when having an internal the drs said they felt the head it kind of creaped me out. They did say my cervix is high so I am going to guess this will not be a problem during sex but dh and I feel a little weird about it. However now that I have 3 weeks left I am at the point where maybe sex can help this baby get out of there..... good question with the water breaking and the added semen issue from pp I would like to know this too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"