Multiples
Options

Triplet Registry help if you are bored

We are going to start our registry on Fri after my MFM appointment.  I'm kind of struggling with how many things to register for.  For the big things what can I get away with having 1, 2 or 3 of?  I know friends will let us borrow stuff too.  I also need some recs on brands for a few things.

bathtubs - need 3?

bottles-36 enough?  How would you break it down with the sizes?  What brand do you like?

Pacifiers - 12?  What brand?

Swings- 2?

Bouncy seat-(bought two already at MOM sale)-need another one?

Boppy/covers - 1 (bought two already at MOM sale)

Crib sheets- 9

Bumbos and trays - 3

Pack & Plays-2 enough?

Diagnosis: DOR and MFI-low everything IVF #1 = triplets! 2 girls and a boy! Born Sept 29, 2011 at 32w6d due to Pre-e and HELLP syndrome Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Triplet Registry help if you are bored

• Options

As far as bathtubs, I'd say 1 - just because you're only going to bathe one at a time, right?

Bottles - 36 is good (6 feeds a day x 3 = 18 - x 2 days = 36).  I used the cheap-o Gerber brand.  I was told by the NICU nurses to get the cheapest, seeing that is what they were used to in the NICU.  

Pacifiers - honestly, at least 20.  I have 15 or so, and they keep getting lost/washed/roll under the crib or couch, etc.  Once again, you can probably hold off and see what they are given in the NICU.(mine were given soothies, and they love them!)

Swings/bouncies - you may want to see how they like it.  I found they absolutely loved the swings (they would fall asleep in them often), but the bouncies weren't as exciting.  I used the bouncies more for feeding until they fit int he bumbos.

Boppys - get 3.  It was a lifesaver when feeding them bottles when I was alone.  I didn't buy any extra covers - they stayed clean.

crib sheets - 9 sounds about right.

Bumbos - I'd get 3, but you may not need 3 trays.  They don't use the trays that often.

Pack & Plays - depends how you'll be using it.  I use mine only when we go out somewhere, but if you're using it every day or as a bassinet, you'll need 3. 

Clomid x 2 cycles ..... BFN. 6/08 Gonal F with TI- BFN. 7/08 Gonal F #2 - IUI 7/11, BFN. 9/22/08 IUI #2 and Accupuncture - Chemical Pregnancy. 11/08 IUI #3 with accupuncture - BFN. 12/08 IUI #4 BFN. 5/09 IVF #1 ER 7/6/09, ET 7/9/09 - BFN. FET 12/18/09 - BFN IVF #2 -ER 3/6, ET 3/9, OMG - BFP!!! Beta #1 3/22 -332, Beta #2 3/24 - 701, Beta #3 - 14,889 - 1st u/s - TWINS!! SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME!!! ***Why can't 88 million sperm and 3 eggs find each other in an organ the size of a pear??*** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins--not through strength but by perseverance. - H. Jackson Brown
  • Options
    imageEriksgal:

We are going to start our registry on Fri after my MFM appointment.  I'm kind of struggling with how many things to register for.  For the big things what can I get away with having 1, 2 or 3 of?  I know friends will let us borrow stuff too.  I also need some recs on brands for a few things.

bathtubs - need 3?  1 - Bathtime is like an assembly line.

bottles-36 enough?  How would you break it down with the sizes?  What brand do you like? We used Dr.Browns.  I like them but I don't have anything to compare it to.  There are 2 extra pieces but it doesn't seem like a big deal to me.  We used the 4 oz bottles for the first few months and then moved on to the 8 oz bottles.  The most we ever used was 24 bottles in a 24 hour period (3 bottles every 3 hours).  Now we go through 12 bottles in 24 hours.  We had 15 bottles of each size.

Pacifiers - 12?  What brand? IDK. My boys never took to them.

Swings- 2? 2 is good.  You might want one side to side and one front to back to see which they like.

Bouncy seat-(bought two already at MOM sale)-need another one? YES! 

Boppy/covers - 1 (bought two already at MOM sale) Three.  We feed in these.

Crib sheets- 9 sounds good

Bumbos and trays - 3 Eh, I was so excited for the Bumbos but it's such a short phase.  It was fun to face them toward eachother in the Bumbos with the trays like they were having a meeting.

Pack & Plays-2 enough? Probably.  You might want a third if you travel with them.  You could start with 2 and get a cheap one later if needed. 

Yes.  I was bored.  LOL.

jailbirds Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for posting this!

I'm totally bookmarking this post for later.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MrsLntMrsLnt member

I only have twins, but I'll answer based on my experience with two. 

imageEriksgal:

bathtubs - need 3? I'd think only one.  When we were in the baby tub stage it was one at a time.  If you think you'll use bath seats, then get 3 of those.

bottles-36 enough?  How would you break it down with the sizes?  What brand do you like? Figure 8 feedings a day x 3 babies = 24 bottles minimum to have a day's worth in the fridge, if you're going that route.  I started with 4oz Evenflo bottles and they sucked for my refluxy babies.  They leaked the nipples collapsed and the little bottles are hard to hold when tandem bottle feeding.  If I could do it over again, I'd just get enough of the 8oz Dr. Brown's and be done with it.  Tandem bottle feeding is so much easier with the long bottles.

Pacifiers - 12?  What brand? I'd wait and see what they get in the hospital and if they like them.  We got MAMs in the hospital and they liked those but ended up switching to Avents because of the handle. And they just look nicer. 

Swings- 2? We started with one swing and eventually set both up.  Sometimes that was the only way they'd nap.

Bouncy seat-(bought two already at MOM sale)-need another one? I'm a big fan of there being as many bouncy seats as there are babies. 

Boppy/covers - 1 (bought two already at MOM sale)We did fine with 2 boppies and just the included covers for a few months, until I got custom ones on Etsy.  Mine were good at never barfing on the boppy though. They preferred to barf on me, or the couch.   Make sure you get covers that you REALLY like and won't mind ending up in a million photos.  Mine didn't match and it drove me crazy to have two ugly, clashing boppies in photos until I bought nice minky covers on Etsy. 

Crib sheets- 9 Sounds about right.  I love the Ultimate Crib Sheets which are basically giant sheet savers.  They were great for us until DS figured out how to unsnap them.

Bumbos and trays - 3 I started with one Bumbo and when they both liked it, got another.  It's not anything I'd buy new though.  They use them for such a short time.  We had one tray and it was rarely used.  It's hard to get on/off.

Pack & Plays-2 enough? We have 2 that we got for a vacation so each baby could sleep in their own. 

• Options
    I've only got twins in there, but found these replies helpful. Thanks ladies!
    TTC #1 since October 2008. Dealing with MFI.
    IVF #1 w ICSI in July 2010 = BFN
    IVF #2.1 in Oct 2010 converted to IUI = BFN
    IVF #2.2 w ICSI in Dec 2010 = BFN
    Met with new RE in new city on 1/31/11.
    IVF #3 w ICSI in April 2011. HPT on 5/9 = BFP!
    Beta #1 on 5/10 (10dp5dt) = 99.4. Beta #2 on 5/12 = 284. First u/s on 5/26. = Fraternal TWINS!
    Twin boys born & lost on 8/16/11 at 18w1d due to PPROM & preterm labor.
    IVF #4.1 in Jan 2012 converted to IUI on 1/7/12 = BFN
    IVF #4.2 w ICSI in Feb 2012. Lupron on 2/10. Stims on 2/18. ER on 2/29- 7R,6F
    ET scheduled for 3/5/12- nothing to transfer :(
    Dh seeing new MFI uro & Dh starting meds- June 2012.
    IVF #5 in Dec 2012 = BFFN.
    IVF #6 planned for Spring 2013. Praying for our take home baby/ies.
    **P/SAIF and P/SAL always welcome!**

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"