TTC After a Loss
Options

First AF or more spotting?

Hey Ladies,

I have a call out to the doctor to see if I can get an answer. However, I was wondering if any of you have experienced this. 

I had my D & E 5 weeks ago.  I spotted for 3.5 weeks straight and then it finally stopped for the past week or so.  I took an ovulation test a week ago because I suspected that I was about to ovulate. I was right and I got a smiley.  Now I am only 8 DPO and for the past two days I have been having brown spotting only when I wipe.  I also have very heavy cramping like I do when I usual have AF.  I know that my body is just trying to regulate itself but could this really be AF or I am about to finally get it or perhaps just more spotting from what happend?  I have never spotted before AF before so I am confused.  Plus, this would be a very short luteal phase and in the past I have had at least 12 +days.  I guess it wouldn't be took strange to have a temporary short phase right, considering what my body has been through?

Obviously the doctor will have a better idea but perhaps you have been through this before too? 

Thanks!  

Re: First AF or more spotting?

• Options

I would give your body another week.  It sounds like it could be AF coming.  Your cycles after a m/c (especially the 1st one) can be off.  Spotting doesn't necesarily mean CD1 either, you could spot for a few days and then have CD1 (which would mean your LP could be longer than the 8 days). 

If you are really concerned I would call your doctor, however if it were me, I would wait until AF came and then call the doctor if your next cycle is off.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Missa_gMissa_g member
    Definitely talk to your doctor. With my natural miscarriage at 6w I only had an 8 day LP the first cycle, 10 the second, 11 the third, and finally normal 12 (for me) on the fourth cycle. I'm 12DPO today on cycle 5 with a BFN so I'm expecting AF tomorrow. A miscarriage can sometimes totally throw of your cycle. It sucks.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It could be AF hovering.  Your cycles could just be messed up from the m/c, that is not uncommon.  I had a D&C and had bleeding for 12 days after that and then AF came at 31 days post D&C.  Hope your Dr is able to give you some answers, GL!
    BFP #2 7/20/11 ** EDD: 3/28/12: IT'S A BOY!
    BFP #1 12/30/10 ** EDD: 9/6/11** H/B stopped at 10w 6d conf on 2/22/11 ** D&C 2/24/11.
    Congrats to my Labor Buddy LoriJ11, baby Elise born 2/24/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LaTi07LaTi07 member
    It could be AF, but it could also just be breakthrough spotting. Keep in mind that your body is probably going to be off. Some women do go right back to their "typical" cycle post loss, but I think a majority of women have some pretty crazy cycles the first few months. I know my cycle was NOTHING like pre-baby at all. If you aren't already, I definitely recommend charting as it really helps you understand what the eff is going on.

My Old Blog | My Chart | TTCAL Shenanigans
    ♥BFP #1 "Spawn"- 02/23/11 | EDD: 11/01/11 | natural m/c 03/20/11 @7w5d♥
    ♥BFP #2 "Offspring"- 11/10/12 | EDD: 07/25/13 | incomplete m/c 12/14/12 @8w1d | D&C 12/21/12♥
    ♥BFP #3 "Progeny" - 02/16/15 | It's a BOY!! | EDD: 10/17/15 | BD: 10/23/15
    All AL Always Welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"