TTC After a Loss
Options

Secret Life?

So yes, I am 25 and I watch The Secret Life of the American Teenager.  I am pretty sure after the preview for next weeks episode and reading some spoilers online that Adrian is going to have a late m/c (possibly give birth to a stillborn). 

I am really upset.  I know it is just a show, but I don't think that I will be able to watch next week's episode, and it is the season finale!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Secret Life?

• Options
    we were talking about this on a different board that i post on and i warned my Pregnant, IF and TTCAL friends that they might not want to watch it....
  • Options
    I watch too and I'm older than you are! My DH always makes fun of me. From the spoilers online it does look like she has a stillborn. I'm interested to see how they handle it. I just hope that she's not sad for one episode and then next season she's fine. 
    Married 7.9.05
    DD1 9.24.06
    DS 7.1.08
    twins due 9.7.11 lost twin A at
    DD2 4.7.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I watch it.. and they do confirm she delivers a stillborn in spoilers Sad so upsetting..

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am happy that they integrated m/c into their story lines.  I think that it is a topic that needs to be talked about more often.  However, the "demographic" for this show is young girls.... I think that having a stillborn is a little much.  I mean I am 25, have had a m/c, and will still find it hard to watch an episode involving a still birth.
  • Options
    I don't watch Secret Life, but I do watch All My Children, and last week's storyline featured a premature baby who died of pneumonia.  Not the same as m/c or stillbirth, but still very difficult to watch.  But as a PP said, it's refreshing to see that it's not all puppies and rainbows when it comes to having babies on TV.
  • Options

At the same time though, I grew up assuming you get pregnant easily and that pregnancy always results in a take home baby... it might not be a bad thing to let teenagers know pregnancy doesn't always have a happy ending.  A stillborn does seem a little extreme though for a teenager show.

BFP#1 EDD 11/8/11 - MC @ 9w6d, 4/15/11 we said goodbye
    BFP#2 DD arrived 5/7/12
  • Options
    And to clarify, "teenager show" as in show aimed at teens.  I am 25 and just started watching season 1 on netflix, lol.

BFP#1 EDD 11/8/11 - MC @ 9w6d, 4/15/11 we said goodbye
    BFP#2 DD arrived 5/7/12
  • Options
    I love this show.. I am so upset about this, While I'm glad that they are trying to portray real life and show that it does happen and get awareness out there, I am angry because one I never want to see anyone go thru what we al have and two that was kind of my happy place as in, I can pretend it doesn't happen.. I know it's hypocritical but I was really pulling for Ben and Adrian.. ugh
  • Options
    DCWJesDCWJes member

I am older than 25 and watch the show! But DH said he is going away for an hour next week, he doesn't wanna watch it at all. He does make fun of me for watching it too. But, I remember going to human growth and watching degrassi jr high (and senior high?) and it was all puppies and rainbows from what I remember. I am glad they are showing more realistic side of pregnancy. It could happen. It does happen. And I really didn't know about it until it happened to me.

From what I read on spoilers, they whole show changes because of this. But I thought I had read that they weren't actually going to get married and they did? Who knows! I know I will be watching it because I can't stay away.

I have short term memory loss. Do not take it personally if I do not remember you right away.
    No longer trying to conceive at all.
    BFP #1 12/1/02 DD born 7/25/03 
    BFP #2 7/23/10 EDD 3/30/11 m/c 8/17/10 We will always miss you Angelique Marie! 
     BFP #3 4.13.11 EDD 12.18.11 m/c 5/13/11 d&c 5/18/11 We will always miss you Sprout Ryker! 
     Lucky Lee (furbaby) born 1.29.12 
     Midnight Marie (furbaby) born 7.4.12 passed for unknown reasons 9.19.12 Missing my jumping bean. 
    image image
    image image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    ♥♥ Pg/PAL Welcome! ♥♥ 
    http://indulgy.com/post/4gbObIOiC1/bazinga
  • Options
    I'm over 25 as well and I watch it too.I understand it's a part of life to have MC's,Stillborns and babies that die from SIDS.I think it's alittle much for a teenager show.I'm also kinda upset that they would make them get married just to have a stillborn,I was kinda looking forward to seeing Adrian and Ben raise their beautiful little girl.I had a 2nd tri loss with my little girl so it's gonna be too hard for me to watch.I will DVR and watch it when I'm alone to have a good cry.
  • Options

Nooo!!!!  I love this show (and I'm almost 30 for crying out loud).  When Adrian first got pregnant, I totally thought they were going to have her miscarry. I seriously didn't expect this from a teenybopper show!  Arrgh!  

dx: PCOS
    Clomid + Met = BFP#1 12/27/10, missed MC discovered 2/9/11, d&c 2/11/11, 10w3d
    Natural cycle (just Met) = BFP#2 6/3/11, Baby A arrived 2/16/12
    <a href="http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i390/tlneff0108/?action=view
  • Options
    WHY did I open this? :( I love this show but I don't know if I can watch that. So sad. 
    imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"