Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Bedroom Routine ?

Does anyone have any good resources for bedroom routines.  Any advice?  What are you all doing...  When to start... bath every night???

Also, when did LO start sleeping in their own room.  My LO is still in our room...

Just wanting to get some ideas.  I know everyone's child is different.

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bedroom Routine ?

• Options

ours is fairly basic. we don't give him a bath every night but if it is a bath night, then that's what kicks it off. after the bath it's into his room for a little bit of lotion and a fresh outfit, then i turn off the lights and sit in the glider and give him his last bottle of the night (he usually starts to fall asleep halfway through the bottle), then i put him in his crib and get his woombie on him, read him 'goodnight moon' (we read it to him every night of my 3rd trimester too), turn on his sleep sheep and call it a night.

he'll occasionally fuss for a minute or two while he gets his arms/hands where he wants them, but even when he's doing that he's basically still asleep. the whole process (on non-bath nights) is about 20-25 minutes. the key for us seems to be dark, quiet & cool. as long as we have those 3 factors working in our favor, he's out like a light (well, a fully belly too, of course).

we've been doing this for 2 weeks now (since right before he hit 10 weeks) and it works great. he usually sleeps 8-9 hours after that, wakes up for a bottle, then sleeps another 2.  

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

We don't do a bath every night with dd yet. She still sleeps in her bassinet in our bedroom.

She usually eats around 8:30-9:30 then we swaddle her and put her to bed and she usually sleeps until 1:30-2:30 and then wakes up to eat one more time after that.  Last night she only woke up at 1 and 6:15am.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Aristotle is still in our bed...and bed time is a little hectic since the big kids are out of school, we tend to be out later and less predictable.

Usually his bed time routine starts after the kids are in bed, whenever that is.  He gets a bath (every night), a baby massage, and I nurse him.  If he is still awake after eating DH and I will read him a few books and sing him a few songs before wrapping him up and rocking him to sleep. It takes a full 2 hours...and usually starts between 8-10 PM.

Photobucket
  • Options
    Our DD is 10 weeks and we do not give her a bath every night but ever other evening. To get her ready for bed she gets her pjs on and has a bottle around 8:45- 9 and we snuggle her. Then we put her in her crib at 9:30 (she has been in her own crib since 2 weeks) and turn on her Baby Einstein Ocean crib soother (awesome!) and she drifts off to sleep chewing on her fingers lol... She sleep 8.5-9 hours and wakes up to eat then naps for another hour or so. We started putting her in her crib for short naps as soon as we brought her home to get her used to it and by 2 weeks she was sleeping exclusively in her crib and napping in her swing/bouncy seat. We also turn down the lights and the tv volume around 8:45 to get her in to a calmer mood but she does great- we are blessed!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks!  This helps a lot.  I just need to get LO to a weight that I'm comfortable with, (she's an early preemie,) and then we will be starting a bedroom routine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"