Pregnant after 35
Options

nbr-my little girl had to go to the ER :(

yesterday we spent the day outside at a birthday party in the scorching heat.  when we got home, the twins and i took a nap.  very odd for my daughter, but i figured she was tired from swimming.  she slept for about 2 hours and woke up saying her tummy hurt.  figured she was hungry so got dinner ready. she refused to eat so we let her be.  then she started vomiting.  a lot.  she couldn't even keep water down and i thought it might be heat related so around 11pm my dh took her to the ER while i stayed home with our sleeping son.  once at the ER she kept vomitting so they tried dissolvable zofran before going for an IV (which would have freaked her out immensely).  after the zofran she was able to keep a water and popsicle down so they sent her home with an rx for more zofran if needed.

i was so scared and hated that i couldn't be with her.  add the pregnancy hormones and i couldn't stop crying.  ugh. i am so glad dh was home for this. usually he is traveling or working crazy hours at the office.  he is the calm one...i tend to panic.

thankfully, after they arrived back home around 1am, she fell asleep until 7:30 and hasn't vomited yet...

hate when my babies are sick but thankful she is okay now.

sorry for rambling & thanks if you made it through this post! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: nbr-my little girl had to go to the ER :(

• Options

So glad your husband was home to help you. Even more glad that  your little girl is a bit better :)  It is so scary when little ones have to go to the hospital and I am sure you felt so helpless! 

here's hoping you have an uneventful week!

• Options

We have had a very similar trip with our 14 month old and the ER and Zofran. That medicine was a miracle, and she was better in a few days.

It is very stressful! Glad she is on the mend

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad to hear she's ok - it's always stressful when our kids are sick!!  Yay for modern medicine though!
  • Options
    Glad to hear she is doing better!  I agree with you...it is so sad/scary when our little ones are ill.  I swear I love zofran!  I lived on it for the first 18 weeks of this pregnancy.  It was the only way I could function!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I know what you mean, to see our babies that are usually happy change to sick and sad is very hard to watch.  Glad to hear she's doing better.
  • Options
    Frightening!  Is she okay today?
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

How traumatizing. Honestly, after my daughter went to the ER (for a dog bite-she's is/was okay)-I think I  may have had a hint of PTSD. Seriously, it's so upsetting.  So, of course you were/are upset-pregnant or not. 

I hope she continues to keep food down. Poor baby. 

For some reason it took us forever and a day to get and stay pregnant. Cancelled IVF, failed IUI's and a marriage in crisis sandwiched within two years. Now, we've been blessed with two girls and a Christmas Baby is on the way. Not planned but perfect. www.ApronStrings.typepad.com
  • Options
    awww, thanks ladies!  she has done well today.  managed to eat a little bit and has kept everything down.  she has been asleep for about 3 hours now....wiped out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"