TTC After a Loss
Options

My Premature Introduction

Hope this isn't out of line, but I felt like it might be time to introduce myself.

I'm currently going through a loss. The doc labels it "blighted ovum", which I find confusing because at 6w4d we saw a baby in the sac with a heartbeat - it was measuring about a few days behind what I thought based on ovulation. It must have stopped developing very shortly after that, because at 10w6d I was spotting & the u/s showed an empty, irregular-shaped sac. That was 6 days ago, and so I guess I'm still actively miscarrying. What's going on with my body now feels mostly like a period. I am just eager for it to be over and done with so I can move on and try again. I realize that probably sounds callous, but I honestly feel like I did all the grieving and crying I could manage and now I just want to move forward. There is no baby, and there really was no baby. I had the hope of a baby, that was just not meant to be. The pregnancy was so much like my first, I really didn't think much of anything being wrong, but when I learned something was wrong, I cried, I was sad and hurt, and then after a couple of days I felt like "Ok, well that's done now."

DH & I have a son in elementary school, and after all these years considered starting over again. I went off birth control pills in January, tracked my cycle with temps in February, and was KU in March. I considered us very lucky, but obviously not all that lucky.

I'm trying to be as optimistic as my doctor, who is convinced this was chromosomal, and that we should have no trouble conceiving again. But I'm not convinced. How can he know? 

I'm incredibly anxious. I feel like I really need to just test the waters again and try to get pregnant. Does anyone have any advice for me, other than to continue to see the doctor and follow up on what's going on with my body? My next appointment is tomorrow.

Thanks for reading. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Re: My Premature Introduction

• Options
    I am very sorry for what you are going through.  Sorry, I don't have much advice, I am in my first cycle TTC again.  Welcome to the board.

BFP#1 EDD 11/8/11 - MC @ 9w6d, 4/15/11 we said goodbye
    BFP#2 DD arrived 5/7/12
  • Options
    Hi and nice to meet you. I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope you find support on this board. welcome.

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry for you loss.

I had a BO too. It sucks (all m/cs suck).

I hope you find some comfort here.

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Missa_gMissa_g member
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you're doing everything right. Please keep us updated on what your doctor says tomorrow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. 

mm 2/17/11 * dd born 4/20/12 * bo 1/3/14 * edd 1/211/15 

• Options
    I don't have any experience with a blighted ovum but I just wanted to pop in and say I'm sorry you're experiencing a loss and welcome to the board.

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Options
    pb127pb127 member
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  I've found the loss of the hopes and dreams that come with the idea of a baby can be quite painful too.  I hope you find some comfort here and that your stay here is short and sweet.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ? to Loss+M/PL+TTCAL+PgAL+PAL

PgAL/PAL welcome
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.  I hope you find comfort here.  My best suggestion would be to chart your cycle.  Fertility Friend helps a lot of women here become familiar with what their bodies are doing during their cycle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    CaroleeCarolee member
    I don't really have advice, but I'm so sorry for your loss.  Welcome to the board.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. 
    Married 3/5/11

BFP 4/7/11 EDD 12/16/11, MC 7w

BFP 7/21/11 EDD 3/30/12
    Betas: 1,135 4w1d, 2,335 4w3d, 13,998 5w1d
    Ultrasound 6w0d = hb 119!
    Ultrasound 10w4d = hb 165 measuring 11w1d
  • Options

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

I've never been so eager to see the doctor as I am to go in for my appointment today. I just need to have some answers and a timeline about moving forward with TTC again.

• Options

Also just posted this in the miscarriage board:

Update on my appointment: doc seemed ok with how things progressed. He said I will not likely experience much else, perhaps a few more days of bleeding/tissue and mild cramps. I'm scheduled for an ultrasound next week to see that all is clear. After that, I was given the ok to try after AF's arrival, which he predicted to be in about a month. 

I guess as far as news goes, it's as good as it was going to get.  

What's confusing to me now is how painless this miscarriage was. I really expected much, much worse. I am grateful that we'll be able to try again right away. I have my fingers crossed that the ultrasound next week shows everything is clear.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"