Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

how long does it take LO to drink 4oz??

My DS takes about an hour to drink 4oz.  He seems like he is working so hard and falls asleep for a few minutes during the feeding, then wakes up and eats more, then falls asleep, then wakes up... until his bottle is done.   We are using Dr. Brown's bottles with Level 1 nipples.  I tried level 2 nipples for all his bottles yesterday to see if that would help. He drank a lot faster, but got very gassy from it and spit up a lot.  Does it take all babies a long time to drink? Or is there something I can do to help DS drink faster?

Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: how long does it take LO to drink 4oz??

• Options
    EdytolaEdytola member
    Between burping (usually 2-3times) and drinking it, it takes her an hour on a good feed 35 min. She's very slow compared to my 1st DD she would gobble her bottle in 5 min... lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This waws actually something I discussed with the pedi when LO was 1 month old.  She said that it should take between 15 - 20 min to drink 3 oz at 1 month.  When we looked at all the other symptoms, the pedi told us that our LO had reflux.  Once we put her on Zantac, she was taking a 4 oz bottle in 30 min, this was huge improvement over 1 hour!.  We tried the bigger nipples as well, but our LO just seemed to choke on her formula.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our DD is 10 weeks and takes Enfamil from the Playtex Air Vent Advanced bottles and she drinks 4oz in about 20 minutes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think we are down to about 20 or 30 minutes now. We were using playtex slow flow nipples (drop-ins and ventaire wide) up until a couple of weeks ago and it would take her an hour to eat 3 or 4 ounces. We tried to switch to medium once and it didn't go over so well, but tried again about 2 weeks later and she tolerated it great and ate much faster!
  • Options

During the day about an hour, the hungry hippo downs 4 oz in 20mins at night though.

I did the same thing as you, switching to level 2 nipples. Didn't work. Although 2 weeks ago we switched from playtex drops ins to gerber bottles. Seems to be better.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"