Baby Names

Girl Name Clicky

DH and I were set on Sophia but with its popularity weren't sure if we should spell it with a ph or f since I've seen it both ways. Then we came across the name Daphne and like it too. Which do you like the best?[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Girl Name Clicky

• Hehe, actually I'm liking the name Carmen best. :) So pretty.

If the popularity doesn't bother you (personally I am sensitive to popularity, maybe because my name was so common) then I think Sophia Carmen sounds best. I like Daphne, but I don't like the sound of two two-syllable names, like Daphne Carmen, together.

• I like Daphne Carmen best. The combo sounds great and Daphne is way less common than Sophia.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • LOVE Daphne! Sophia is nice, but I am so sick of hearing it!!!!
  • fraseyfrasey member

For me, Daphne = Ick!

Sophia is nice for sure! I get what PPs said about 2 2-syllable names. I find its ok as long as the last name isnt 2 syllables as well.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Daphne was one of my first choices for my baby but husband says no. I think there will be so many Sophia's running around soon that you'd get sick of it. My second daughter is Olivia and I already feel bad for her. Husband really pushed for it and now I wish I'd said no. I think Daphne's a great name!
  • I like Daphne more than Sophia, but I don't think Daphne Carmen flows well.  Are you dead-set on Carmen as the mn?  Because I think Daphne Sophia would sound better.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • imagealehayes:
    I like Daphne more than Sophia, but I don't think Daphne Carmen flows well.  Are you dead-set on Carmen as the mn?  Because I think Daphne Sophia would sound better.

Thanks for the input. We are sticking with Carmen as the middle name. It is my mother's name and DH really wanted to use Carmen and Stephen as middle names (both my parents names). His choice! I really like Sophia I just hate how popular it is! We are going with Calvin if it is a boy and I like how its not in the top 200. Same thing with Daphne!

• Sophia Carmen Yes
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"