TTC After a Loss
Options

I will be glad when..

My husband has the weekends off!  I hate that we don't get to spend the weekends together.  He's a Restaurant Manager...and next in line to get a GM spot, and once that happens they get weekends off!!!!  Can't Wait!!

I hate having to go to all of our friends get togethers alone....especially since our loss, its really tough on me.  I was at a pool party yesterday, and there just happened to be more children then adults.  It would have been nice to at least have my husband with me.  There was me, a single guy, and one other couple that had no kids.  Everyone else had a minimum of two Sad  I knew things weren't going to go well when my 32 week pg bff asked me if I was going to be sporting any early pregnancy bloat out by the pool.  Awesome.  Nope, just the bloat from finishing up my period, thanks though.  

At least it's a 4 day work week. Smile

BFP #2 7/20/11 ** EDD: 3/28/12: IT'S A BOY!
BFP #1 12/30/10 ** EDD: 9/6/11** H/B stopped at 10w 6d conf on 2/22/11 ** D&C 2/24/11.
Congrats to my Labor Buddy LoriJ11, baby Elise born 2/24/12
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I will be glad when..

• Options

I can't imagine how hard it would be to have to attend all the parties and events by myself. I'm really glad that DH has weekends off. Although right now he is laid off so he's always free. Hopefully your DH gets the GM spot soon!

I'm sorry that your pg BFF said that to you. I hate it when people assume they have the right to make dumb comments like that. If you were pregnant, you would tell them when you want. Not when they ask. I am never going to ask anyone ever again if they are pregnant.

Yay for a 4 day work week! I have to work 5 here in Canada...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
    BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
    TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
    BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
    TTA for 7 months
    Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
    TTC Again May 2014
    Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
    - All BFN's
    SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I feel your pain Williams! DH is a chef and restaurant life sucks balls. He is actually on a schedule now where he has sat and sun off but it's the first time in our 6 yr relationship! I really hope your hubby gets the new position. It definitely makes social functions much more bearable when hubby tags along!
    BFP#1 2/4/11 m/c 3/4/11
    ?BFP#2 6/3/11 EDD 2/14/11?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Wow, your pg bff is sounding like a real gem lately!!  I'm assuming this is the same one with a third baby shower?  That still makes my blood boil every time I think about it...

Here's to the short work week!!  Hoping it flies by!!!! 

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• Options
    imagelauralew:

Wow, your pg bff is sounding like a real gem lately!!  I'm assuming this is the same one with a third baby shower?  That still makes my blood boil every time I think about it...

Here's to the short work week!!  Hoping it flies by!!!! 

Yes, me and my empty ute have that to look forward to this Sunday. Confused

BFP #1 12/30/10 ** EDD: 9/6/11** H/B stopped at 10w 6d conf on 2/22/11 ** D&C 2/24/11.
  • Options

I worked in Retail Management for YEARS, and hated always being the one who had to say "no" to all the fun weekend plans!  When he gets weekends off, it will be the BEST THING EVER!

Wow.  Nice thing for your friend to say Indifferent

YAY for 4 day work weeks!

• Options

That sucks, Williams.  I hope he gets to be GM soon so that you guys can spend more time together.

And your bff seemed to have misplaced her sensitivity hat.  Wow. 

I hope the week is feels short for you!!

mm 2/17/11 * dd born 4/20/12 * bo 1/3/14 * edd 1/211/15 

• Options
    imageshmeell25:

I know exactly how you feel! My DH is a restaurant manager too and his hours are so sucky! I am thankful that he has a job (he has been laid off in the past, that was even suckier) and I am thankful that he is so dedicated but it's hard being alone so much. At least when YH makes GM he will get weekends off. MH is working towards that too, but even then I think they are expected to work one weekend day but at least he will be able to be out by 5.

Boo to your friend Sad 

I feel your pain hun! ((Hugs))

Yea it's crappy hours, but he's a hard worker and deserves this GM position.  Being rewarded w/ weekends off will be the best thing ever for him!  We've never had weekends off together!

• Options

imageLuvmybella:
    I feel your pain Williams! DH is a chef and restaurant life sucks balls. He is actually on a schedule now where he has sat and sun off but it's the first time in our 6 yr relationship! I really hope your hubby gets the new position. It definitely makes social functions much more bearable when hubby tags along!

That's awesome!  This is how we are.  I was in Restaurant Management too when we first met...but I ran screaming from that schedule lol.

• Options
    imagePetraStonegirl:

I'm impressed you actually make it to the social outings. I tend to clam up and stay away from people lately.

Boo to the FH BFF. Yuck! 

Me, too. I used to be the life of every party but I have turned into a total hermit latley. Trying to get over myself and live alittle too. Poor DH was sent to a BBQ alone yesterday to drop off a salad b/c I just couldn't make myself go.

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    image1220winterbride:
    imagePetraStonegirl:

I'm impressed you actually make it to the social outings. I tend to clam up and stay away from people lately.

Boo to the FH BFF. Yuck! 

Me, too. I used to be the life of every party but I have turned into a total hermit latley. Trying to get over myself and live alittle too. Poor DH was sent to a BBQ alone yesterday to drop off a salad b/c I just couldn't make myself go.

Add me to this boat, I just decline invites right and left.... I'm in awe that you have the courage to go alone and stick it out w/o your H.  Good for you!

BFP#1 11.2.10 | EDD 7.9.11 | HB 7w2d & 8w4d | missed M/C 11w2d | D&E 12.21.10
    FSH at 14.5 - 4.21.11 | CCCT - (CD3 8.8,CD10 12.2)| dx w/ DOR @ 28 yrs old
    IUI#1 + clomid 8.29.11 (our anniversary)
    BFP#2 9.10.11 | EDD 5.21.12 | beta 1 @ 14dpi:232 | beta 2 @17dpi:703 | beta 3 @24dpi:7,174
    Baby A HB of 142(7w), 161(8w), 164(9w) | Baby B no HB, Vanishing Twin
  • Options
    imageEHayes1183:
    image1220winterbride:
    imagePetraStonegirl:

Boo to the FH BFF. Yuck! 

Add me to this boat, I just decline invites right and left.... I'm in awe that you have the courage to go alone and stick it out w/o your H.  Good for you!

Yep. I can relate, I feel like this too, and I have bowed out of quite a few events since Feb....I guess in a way I am trying to force myself to get out of the house once in awhile...I go back and forth between wanting to be alone at our house and feeling like we are missing out on life in all our sadness...kwim?  I just want things to be normal for us again...

• Options
    imageEHayes1183:
    image1220winterbride:
    imagePetraStonegirl:

Boo to the FH BFF. Yuck! 

Me three (or ten). I flaked on a bunch of stuff this weekend. I had to make all kinds of excuses to not go. For me it isn't even really emotional at this point (mostly physical, waiting to see what will happen), but it really sucks to have to put your entire life on hold. I just want NORMAL again.

• Options

I'm proud of you for getting out of the house in the first place.  Especially knowing there'll be a whole crap-ton of kids around.

HUG

Me: 39 DH: 35 - TTC #1 since October 2010
    BFP #1 2-1-11 Missed Miscarriage 3-14-11(9 wks)-D&C
    BFP #2 9-17-11 EDD 5-29-12
    Edward James born 3-14-12 weighing 1lb11oz at 29w1d via c section due to low fluid and growth restriction from crappy placenta.
    My BFP Chart
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers <a href="http://s1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/sbphotos1/?action=view
  • Options
    imagesbphotos:

I'm proud of you for getting out of the house in the first place.  Especially knowing there'll be a whole crap-ton of kids around.

HUG

Thanks!  I guess in a way I am proud of myself for going too...even though it was kinda crappy.  I can't hide forever....even though I wanna.  Embarrassed

• Options
    pb127pb127 member

I'm so sorry, yesterday's pool party sounds rough! Hugs Right Hug I hope your husband gets his GM spot really, really soon!!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ? to Loss+M/PL+TTCAL+PgAL+PAL

PgAL/PAL welcome
  • Options
    CaroleeCarolee member
    (((HUGS))) I'm sorry about yesterday...that sounds like no fun.  I hope your DH gets the GM position soon!
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"