Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Still not smiling at 7 weeks?

DS will smile like a champ when I tickle his chin when he's dozing, but he still hasn't really given me any social smiles. Anyone else? It's making me worry.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Still not smiling at 7 weeks?

• Options

I wouldn't worry too much. My DH didn't really start smiling until 8 weeks. One day soon he will give you the biggest grin that will melt your heart. Smile

1ht

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I wouldn't worry too much. My DH didn't really start smiling until 8 weeks. One day soon he will give you the biggest grin that will melt your heart. Smile

1ht

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We get random and occasional smiles from our boys, but nothing consistent yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageZoeymom:

1ht

This exactly. DD would smile in her sleep. And do a little smile while she was awake. But I actually just captured her first big smile a few days ago. And yes, it melts your heart.

I think she knows now though, that it makes us happy, cause she does it ALL the time. It's adorable.  

• Options
    I am not getting consistent smiles yet but can get a few out of her early in the morning if I make crazy faces and blow raspberries. I'm sure when he starts smiling he won't stop so try to be patient as hard as that is! Big Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Don't worry lo dident give me real smiles until around 8 weeks and now hw does all the time. It still takes hin a little to warm up to new people to smile but he does that now too. I think the thing that made me stop being so worried was to relize all babies reach milestones at diffrent times and just enjoy your lo.
  • Options
    My LO is over 10 weeks and still doen't give me social smiles.  I'm not too worried.  I worried like crazy that she wouldn't make eye contact with me a few weeks ago and now she does it all the time.  I think they all just need to do things on their own time. Smile
  • Options
    IMO it's still a little early to worry. Both my kids started smiling around 8 wks.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"