2nd Trimester
Options

Should I Be Worried That I Haven't Felt A Flutter In A While?

Sometimes I think my mind just plays tricks on me and I think I feel it but then I second guess myself about it. I was starting to feel them around 14 weeks just sporadically and now only sometimes,like once every 3 days or so. Is this normal? Im 17 weeks along. Any advice you ladies can give me is always greatly appreciated. :)
BabyFruit Ticker image image Sceduled C Section

Re: Should I Be Worried That I Haven't Felt A Flutter In A While?

• Options
    I have yet to feel any flutters but from what I've read, 17 weeks is still a bit early to feel movement consistently. I'm jealous that you felt them that early Smile
  • Options

This sounds totally normal to me. I felt my baby for the first time two weeks ago and then nothing for about a week. I started feeling flutters a bit more frequently this past week.

17 weeks is really early to be feeling the baby regularly, especially if this is your first baby!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is so funny because right after I typed this I felt at least one good flutter and then I think a small one minutes after that...lol. Baby has seriously got me paranoid all the time.
    BabyFruit Ticker image image Sceduled C Section
  • Options
    Dont worry at ALL--kick counts dont really start until baby is much bigger--like well into 3rd trimester.  At this point you should just start feeling flutters if this is your first baby but you dont need to monitor when and how many until you are much further along.  Is this your first?  With my first I didn't start feeling flutters until around 19 weeks, but every mom is different.  Don't worry!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

You have nothing to be worried about. I felt LO for the first time at around 18 weeks, but nothing consistent until week 22. Even now, he has his quiet days where he'll barely make any movements, which is why the doctors don't tell you to start do the kick counts until 26-ish weeks.

If you're desperate to feel something, try drinking some orange juice and lie on your side with your legs brought as close to your chest as you can. That was usually how I got my little man to move, if just for a minute or two. 

February 19, 2010- BFP! March 14, 2010- M/C January 17, 2011- BFP! April 26th, 2011- It's a boy! Due September 20, 2011 May 2, 2011- Confirmed Gastroschisis August 7, 2011- Labor begins August 12, 2011- Max is born October 4, 2011- Max comes home!

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I felt our little guy around 16w for the first time.  Back then it was pretty sporadic, and not often I felt his movement.  As time went on I felt it more, and now EVERY day throughout the day I feel little kicks, flips, and nudges!!

I think you're still early enough that they're going to be sporadic.  I wouldn't worry yourself too much yet!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"