Upstate NY Babies
Options

Hoarse from A/C?

Both my kids are a bit hoarse.  I don't know why, but I want to say it is from the central air.  Maybe?

Re: Hoarse from A/C?

• Options
    wendyjwendyj member
    It could be. A/C actually takes humidity out of the air, and when we've had ours on for a while (like for at least a week straight), my throat is really dry and scratchy. Our pedi actually recommended that we run a humidifier in Ian's room at night to replace some of the moisture because he would cough like crazy.
  • Options
    This could absolutely be it. DH is an HVAC tech...and Wendyj is right, takes the humidity right out! I wake up every morning with nasty dry mouth. SUCKS! Running the humidifier in their room is a great idea. (I'm hoping DH will install one on the furnace so we can just have a good level of humidity all the time!!!)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageamamommy:
    This could absolutely be it. DH is an HVAC tech...and Wendyj is right, takes the humidity right out! I wake up every morning with nasty dry mouth. SUCKS! Running the humidifier in their room is a great idea. (I'm hoping DH will install one on the furnace so we can just have a good level of humidity all the time!!!)

Can you ask him what % we should set the furnace humidifier at while running the a/c? I always shut it off for the summer......maybe I shouldn't!

Thanks! 

• Options
    We run our humidifiers year-round for both our own bedroom and the nursery.  It seems we go right from using the heater to the ac!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"