Multiples
Options

**Goldie**

I remember you mentioning that you were a rep for Prevacid and I had a question for you. 

My DD is on 15mg Prevacid ODT (generic brand) twice a day, and has been since they switched her to it at 4mo from the suspension.  Our pedi GI said to try to wean her off when we felt that it was appropriate.  I've tried a couple of times, but it seems like she does fine the first day, starts spitting up (something she rarely does anymore) on the second day, and is miserable and in pain by the third.  She gets better (usually after 2 doses) when we restart it though. 

Do you know if there is a there is a bounce back effect that happens, that maybe causes a temporary over production of acid?  We have her 1 yr follow up appointment in a couple of weeks so we'll be following up with them then, but I'm just curious if you have any info to share in the mean time.

TIA!

P.S. She's outgrown her milk protein issues and is on whole milk now with no reactions. (Yippeee!)

bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
The Bump MoM Recipe Collection

Re: **Goldie**

• Options

i never heard of any rebound type effect... sounds like she still has reflux/acid issues. Many kids do outgrow them by 12mo but many do not... some children will be on meds for life... thankfully PPI's are quite safe for long term use.

I tried a few times with Gray, to wean, and he'd be miserable- so i'd wait another month and try again. Eventually he was good....  She might do better in a few months when she's eating lots more table food and less milk, etc.

good luck!

I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
  • Options
    This is my suspicion too.  I was just hoping to be done with all of this, but if we just have to give her a safe med twice a day - I'll take it.  Thanks again!
    bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
    BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
    Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
    Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Bump MoM Recipe Collection
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"