Special Needs

Re: Another faker in our midst

• I'll be honest with you, I am not sure who is in bigger need to "get a life."

The Troll for making this stuff up or the nesties who do all the research to out the troll.

They must all have maids...

• Believe me, I agree but if someone else wants to do the work by all means....  I thought it should be shared since she was here.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJustinlove:

I'll be honest with you, I am not sure who is in bigger need to "get a life."

The Troll for making this stuff up or the nesties who do all the research to out the troll.

They must all have maids...

I'll be honest with you, I thought there would be more than just one person who said this today.

I went the whole day... read all of the related posts on the Baby Names Board, 3-6 Months Board, and the Multiples Board, and there was not one person that said I needed to get a life. I was happily surprised. Then I came here, and there it was.

I'm not offended, but I would like to explain myself, if that's okay.

I'm not sure if y'all are familiar with MommyNoelle. She was the troll that posted on the Baby Names Board, and the Multiples Board, among others. According to her posts, she "had twins at 27 weeks", and they were "in the NICU". Then after they "started getting better", she "got pregnant again" and "miscarried". She also "adopted her nephew", who "had behavioral problems", because her Brother-In-Law was a "drug addict". She had a ton of people praying for her every single day. They sent positive thoughts, and spent hours contributing answers to her countless posts, and sending encouraging PMs, etc.

When it was revealed that she was a troll, their hearts were broken. Their sense of trust was shattered.

Well, if you saw that going on, and you knew that it wasn't true, wouldn't you take the necessary steps to let your friends know that they were wasting their time? That is exactly why my fellow BNB regulars and I keep our eyes out for suspicious posters. And it's a good thing we did. Did you not read what this troll was trying to do? 

JustDandy claimed that her husband and older daughter were killed in a drunk driving accident. Then less than a month later, BeenThere (an alternate ego for JustDandy) claimed that JustDandy had been killed in another drunk driving accident, and that her younger daughter, Romy was in the hospital. SHE SET UP A BLOG, to try to drag it out as long as possible with updates on Romy's condition. People would have probably placed "Praying for Romy" badges in their siggies. Some bumpies had already begun commenting that their "hearts were aching" for poor little Romy. (Whom, let me remind you, doesn't even exist.)

That's why I'm glad we had most of the evidence against her already compiled. We had many of the main points written months ago. I just added the info specific to the last couple of weeks, and it was ready to go. I'm glad it could be posted before people woke up that morning and read about the nonexistent tragedy.

Now then, do you still think we need to "get a life"? Huh?

• Not to start an argument, but, yeah, I kind of do. I mean, it is nice that you are doing this to protect people's feelings and stuff. 

I don't know anyone on here's "real" situation-- only my own. Most of us ladies with SN kids hop on to get advice on the latest health issue our kids are having, and how to deal with doctors, IEPs and behavioral health issues. Many of us also work full time. So for me, it's just hard to imagine having all this free time and spending it "outing" a person who is making up stuff on the internet. I mean, half the people on the internet are liars or at least egregious over-exaggerators. 

Good for you, though. If you find it rewarding, then you should keep doing it! But if you are looking for something more rewarding, I am sure most of us would recruit you to do some fundraising or battling with politicians who are cutting medicaid benefits. That would be a lot more helpful.

Well, gotta get small fry up for OT, PT and an eye eval, then work a full day. See what I mean? 

• Okay, have a good day! Big Smile
  • imageFloraK8:

Not to start an argument, but, yeah, I kind of do. I mean, it is nice that you are doing this to protect people's feelings and stuff. 

I don't know anyone on here's "real" situation-- only my own. Most of us ladies with SN kids hop on to get advice on the latest health issue our kids are having, and how to deal with doctors, IEPs and behavioral health issues. Many of us also work full time. So for me, it's just hard to imagine having all this free time and spending it "outing" a person who is making up stuff on the internet. I mean, half the people on the internet are liars or at least egregious over-exaggerators. 

Good for you, though. If you find it rewarding, then you should keep doing it! But if you are looking for something more rewarding, I am sure most of us would recruit you to do some fundraising or battling with politicians who are cutting medicaid benefits. That would be a lot more helpful.

Well, gotta get small fry up for OT, PT and an eye eval, then work a full day. See what I mean? 

I also am a MOM so I know the whole MommyNoelle thing.  And just as the pp said maybe it's because we all have kids with things going on that we don't know how people have the time to investigate things.  Today I need to call the GI, call a doc for myself and this ear infection I have, review 2 IEP's and make parental concern sections for them all while my kids are home from school for an in-service day.  I shared your findings on here since it is something that affects us as well.

• Hi Eaglefoot, I have been a lurker for a while now and I just now felt the urge to come out. I am happy that you have the time to do all the research and let us know about this person. Just like on the other boards where she got a lot of sympathy and prayers for something that's not true, i would be mad if  had tried to help her too. I just wish you could share some of your time with meWink.

Since i am now out (not a lurker anymore) let me take the time to introduce myself. I am the mother of one child DS, who has hearing loss in both ears. He is moderately severe to severe in one ear and severe in the other ear. He just got his hearing aids about 2 wks ago due to insurance holdups (he is almost 13 months). He seem to be doing well with the aids at home and he also did well with his test wearing them at the audiologist. I am now waiting for the speech therapists to call me back with the approval from the insurance so we can start speech therapy, since he got his hearing aids so late I wish he could do therapy five days a week but it does not seem possible right now, we will be going twice per week.

Just to let some you ladies know you have been a source of strength for me. The days when he was first diagnosed I was a total wreck but with time and reading posts from some ladies with children with hearing loss and others with other diagnoses made me know I will be fine. Here I am now I am almost there and like someone in another post said the hearing aids are just like glasses. Thank you all 

• imageFloraK8:

Not to start an argument, but, yeah, I kind of do. I mean, it is nice that you are doing this to protect people's feelings and stuff. 

Well said.

Also, I'd note that the "troll," clearly has mental/emotional issues that cause me to feel compassion, or at least provide some context. When viewed through that lens, her behavior doesn't really anger me.

• I'm not a regular to this board; in fact, I'm only posting here in this thread because of an ongoing discussion (off-site) about BeenThere22. I don't want this to turn into a fight, but I felt compelled to say something . . .

When we go to the trouble to out trolls (and when I say we, I am referring to a small group of regulars from the Baby Names board), we don't 'spend all day' compiling evidence against them. For the most part, we don't know each other in real life, but we do chat/write off TB on other sites and we compile the information over a long period of time.

BeenThere22 and all of her AEs [MommyNoelle (near the bottom of the page for a long expose), Beccaincandyland/Beckyincandyland, JustDandy (outing was with BeenThere22), etc.] have been posting for months. The BNB being what it is, suspicious behaviors are easily noticed--trolls tend to call a lot of attention to themselves there. As regulars on that board, we can't help noticing. When something comes to our attention (or just annoys us) we might bounce it off one another, a conversation ensues and then . . . maybe nothing comes of it for months. Then, the troll posts again, our attention is drawn once more and we suddenly remember whatever bothered us about that 'person' in the first place and start paying attention.

With six or seven Bumpies involved, all of us participating in different boards at different times of any given week, it's not hard to compile a lot of information against any one person with suspicious habits. It might look like Eaglefoot spent all day researching a troll and I'm sure she did take a good chunk of time neatly compiling all of the evidence and links into one post, but almost all of that information, with the notable exceptions of all the maniacal nonsense that was posted within the last day or so, has been sitting in emails and PMs for months and just needed summarizing.

You think we need to get lives. Fair enough. But I have a life. A very active, full and happy one, save a long struggle with infertility. Having struggled with difficulties conceiving and lost pregnancies, I value the friends and even the supportive strangers I find here on TB and want this to be a safe place. It doesn't feel safe when their are fictional women creating dramatic life and death scenarios, asking for all of our love and support and prayers for their sick, hurt, and dying children; children that don't even exist.

I can't speak for everyone involved, but I think we all do it for the same reasons. For months, I corresponded with MommyNoelle, suspecting she was a troll and compiling bits and pieces of evidence. All that time, I was convinced she was fake, but had no definitive proof I could share with the Bumpie population at large. I would have loved to out her earlier and save a lot of people genuine grief. When she was finally out, once and for all, I was thrilled. Too, I fully admit to a certain amount of pleasure at being able to expose her every mistake because by the end of her rein, I hated seeing her posts. Hated them.

It's not that we have housemaids or a field staff taking care of us. We're just as busy as you are, though our priorities might be very different. If we choose to spend an hour of my free time on TB, posting or troll hunting, it doesn't mean we don't have dozens of other more important things we could be doing. It doesn't mean we don't have lives just as full as yours.

I haven't posted on TB in months, save for a few posts one day last month when I had a few minutes to spare, but even so, my friends have kept me well-abreast of what has been happening on the boards--all intermixed with updates about pregnancies, babies and our real lives. I don't expect you all to take up the crusade with us (heck, it can hardly be called a crusade . . . it's all a game until a troll pulls something nasty like a fictional drunken-driving accident), but I do hope you now understand how and why we do it and think a little less harshly about us all in the future.

• I kind of have a different perspective on this.  For a mom like me who has no diagnosis for my son's delays I sometimes look on these boards for a child who is similiar to my son.  When a "troll" comes on this board and makes up stuff about a fake child I think it's really scary.  We all share our stories hoping to find the missing link to our own cases.  We share treatment plans, symptoms, tears, supplements, therapy info, etc.  It really bothers me that someone would come onto a board like this one and make stuff up.  There a few women on this board that have exchanged their email addresses with me and have really brought me some comfort when I have been down, I don't know how I would feel if any of those women who offered me advice turned out to be a "troll". 

I also agree with Melissa that she does have mental issues and I hope that she is getting the help that she needs

• This is all too sad. I can't believe people would even think of doing something like this. People need to get a life, or probably therapy for goodness sake! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The only thing I will say is:

1. Thank you (anyone) who lets us know that someone is a troll, especially one who has the gall to make up a SN child.

2. Thank you to the people who do take the time (however much it is) to figure out who the trolls are, since I am not on the boards frequently enough to figure these things out.

3. I'll never understand how someone can "create" a SN child or some other heinous story. Those kinds of people, it seems, really need to get their AW'ing behavior under control and seek help if there is an underlying mental illness or something else going on. I just will never get making up whatever to get my kicks or to play someone. My time is more valuable then that. 

• imageBostonKisses2:
    I'll be blunt: I saw the troll's post on 3-6 earlier this month about the "accident," and read the f/u that was posted.  All along, something in the back of my mind said "MUD", but I can't remember if I did offer condolences in case it was true.  That is one sick, sick person, and it's really pathetic when one keeps making AEs for their AEs just to do something this warped...

After we had an issue on the multiples board I've been very skeptical of most things that are said that are far fetched.  We had a person a few years ago say she had triplets, they died in a house fire and she'd take donations, etc.  This was after we had just taken up donations for a friend of mine who had triplets and one pass away, IRL.  She was on the board as well.  

We ended up starting our own private board as a result and we've been going for several years now.  I have a hard time believing that anyone would make up the *** we go through.  I would love for my boys to not struggle so and wouldn't make up any of this.  Unfortunately, there are sick people who do this.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"