Upstate NY Babies
Options

SYR ladies...a question!

We are planning to go to the zoo out there in a couple of weeks. My main question is...What should we plan stroller-wise? I have a Sit-n-Stand, or a Graco Quattro Single, or a single umbrella. Is it a lot of walking? Are there hills? Basically Chelsea will want to be getting up a lot if she is riding, but I know she won't want to walk a lot and DH will end up having to carry her. Molly will definitely be in the stroller most of the day. I am considering trying to find a double umbrella before then b/c the Sit-n-Stand is pretty heavy. So any info or suggestions you ladies have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: SYR ladies...a question!

• Options
    It is an easy walk, one light hill, easy terraine.  It isn't a very big zoo.  And there are no play areas for the kids.  I say you would be more than fine with the sit-n-stand.  And I wouldn't plan on staying more than 1.5-2 hrs tops, there just isn't much to do there.
  • Options
    I wouldn't plan to spend the whole day there either, but we went last week and had a great time!  Most of the animals are close enough that kids can see unlike other zoos I have been too.  I'm not really a stroller person (because T hates sitting in it) but I would think one umbrella stroller would be fine.  Your older daughter will want to be up looking at things and the exhibits are pretty close together.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really like our zoo.  It's not huge but they have elephants, lions, tigers, bears and tons monkeys.  We just took Liam a couple of weeks ago and he had a blast!  We brought our umbrella stroller and I think he sat in it for total of about 10 mins.  (the walk too and from the car.) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"