Houston Babies

What time does your LO get up in the morning?

Just curious. My little guy has to get up by 7:00 AM because we have to get him to daycare, but he starts waking up between 6:00 and 6:30 AM on his own. We don't get him until 7:00, but it is rare that he sleeps until then.

I had always heard that kids get up crazy early, so I was shocked to find out my friend's twins sleep from 8:00 PM to 9:00 or 9:30 AM every day.

I was curious to see if this was more common than I thought. Oh, and they also take a 2 hour nap in the afternoon.

So what time does your little one get up?

Edit: I forgot to mention that the twins are a little over 17 months old.
And Evan goes to bed around 8:00/8:15 and then falls asleep around 8:30. We just can't seem to get him to bed any earlier since I don't get home with him until 6:00 and DH gets home around 6:45.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

Re: What time does your LO get up in the morning?

• she's not STTN yet so my answer might be different. 

She goes to bed around 7:30-8:00. We wake her at 6 when we are working. She falls back asleep once at SIL's.

During the weekend she's up between 7-8 for an hour or so and then goes back down for a 2 hour nap.

• During the week, we wake her up at 6:20 am, but that's because we have to get her ready for daycare.Her bedtime is 7:30 pm

On the weekends, she is usually up by 7 to 7:30 ish, and we usually let her stay up later on the weekends, but honestly she rarely makes it past 8:15 pm or so.

• Loading the player...
  • Marion (2yr 8mo) is down by 7:45/8:00 and up on a good day at  6:30, usually 6:15.  We can sometimes go as late as 7:00 if we wake her about 5 am to go pee.  She also only takes a nap about every 4th day

Eliza (8 mo) is down by 7:30 and wakes up between 7 - 8:30, all depending on how many times during the night she was up.  She naps about 3.5 hours a day split between two naps

• G used to go to bed at 8 and would wake up between 730 and 8. Now he goes to bed around 9 and will sleep until anywhere from 7 to 930. Generally it's around 8.

He takes a 1 1/2-2 hour nap everyday. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Before Daylight Savings Time, DS (~ 2y/o) would be in bed btwn 7:30-8pm and wake up around 7:30-8am.  Now, since it's still so light outside at 7pm, he wants to keep playing and be outside, so it's hard to drag him upstairs for his bath/book/bed when it's sunny.  It was a lot easier when I could say it's dark outside, so time for night night!  Now, we try to get him in bed btwn 8:30-8:45pm and he wakes up around 8am.  He naps for 1.5-2 hours a day.
  • Amelia (3.5 years) goes to bed at 7:00-7:30 and sleeps until 7:00-8:30. She takes a 2-3 hour nap each afternoon (most days). Juliet (almost 11 months) goes to bed at 7:00-7:30 and sleeps until 6:30-7:30 and she takes two naps for a total of 2.5-3.5 hours each day. My 3.5 year old is and has always been a better sleeper than the baby. It's another reminder to us how vastly different two kids from the same parents can be.
  • Cameron goes to bed around 9:00 every night and wakes up between 9-10:30 AM.  He generally takes a 2 hour nap, but sometimes it's more like an hour and a half, other days it's more like 3 hours.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • William is usually in bed with the lights out by 8:45 or 9. Lately he has been goofing off in there for goodness knows how long. He usually wakes up between 7:30 and 8:30. He naps for 1.5 - 2.5 hours a day, depending on how long he goofs off in his room at naptime.

Ryan (the baby) goes to bed around 8:30 or 9. He usually wakes up for the day around 7:15, but today it was 5:30. He's very unpredictable since he still wakes up 1-3 times a night. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sam is usually wakes up between 6:30 and 7.  Hannah would sleep until 9 every day if she could.  I let her on the weekend, but I have to wake her at 7:15 most days.

Neither kid naps anymore.  Hannah goes to bed between 7:30 and 8, and Sam goes to bed between 8 and 8:30.

• between 9 and 11
    18 Months!! imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Older DD goes to bed around 9 pm and is up by 7:30.  She has never been a napper.  She dropped napping of any kind before age 2. 

Younger DD has always been a far better napper and seems to need more sleep in general.  She goes to bed around 8:30 and is awake by 7 am.  She doesn't nap every day but will usually sleep for 1.5 hours on school days.  She will occasionally take a huge power nap of 2 plus hours when she needs it.

I don't think either one of them has ever slept until 9 am that I can remember.  Maybe when they were tiny babies?

• DD goes to bed at 8:00pm and sleeps until anywhere from 7:30-9:30am. 8:00-8:30am is about average. She dropped her nap right at her 2nd birthday.

This sleeping late thing is relatively new. She used to go to bed at 7:00pm and wake at 5:30am on the dot, no nap. It was hellish.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS goes to bed about 8:15-8:30 and I wake him at 6:45.  Up until about a month ago, he would wake up at 6:30 or so on the weekend, but the past few weekends he's been sleeping till 7:30ish.

He naps from about 12-2 daily.

• My 11 month old, goes to bed between 7:30-8:30.  If I work, I wake her up at 5:45 and I have no idea when she goes back down.  If I do not work, she may wake up anywhere from 5:30-6:45, I will nurse her and put her back to bed.  She will sleep until 8-9.  If she does not wake up between 5:30-6:45, she is usually up by 7:30 and we start our day.  She takes two, 2 hour naps generally.
  • They both go to bed around 7:30 and are woken up by 6:15 during the week.  On weekends they will sometimes sleep as late as 7:00 if we're lucky.  I'm happy if they don't get up until after 6:00 as each of them went through a period of time waking at 5:30 or earlier.  O hasn't napped in a year but C still naps about 1 1/2 hours a day.  
  • DS goes to sleep between 7:15-7:45 at night. During the week he seems more tired and goes earlier. He will wake up between 5:45-6:30.
  • mom2llmom2ll member

L2 - goes to bed 8-8:30 and we wake her MWF for MDO at 8.. T, Th, and weekend it's not unusual for her to sleep until 9-9:30.  Her naps are spotty, but usually 1-2 hours.

L1 - goes to bed at 8:30-9 (he stalls every single night) and wakes 7-7:30..  He doesn't nap

• DD goes to bed around 8 (give or take 15-20 minutes) and wakes up usually around 7:30. The earliest she wakes is 7 and the latest is 8:45. The latter usually only when she had a super exhausting day the day before. Typically though sometime between 7:40 and 8 on average.

She sleeps 11-12 hours at night (never more than 12.5) but is a terrible napper. She still takes 2 naps and they are typically 30 minutes. Forty five if I'm lucky. If she goes an hour or more I count my blessings.

• Um, wow.

Viv goes to bed around 8ish and is usually up between 5 and 6, usually 5:20ish,(rarely we might get 6:30 out of her, but that's usually if she woke up wanting to nurse at 2 am, which is rare now.) She sometimes takes a 30-45 minute nap at daycare in the morning around 8 am, and naps generally 12-2:30 or 3 (at daycare; at home we're lucky to get an hour out of her.) Sometimes she takes a short nap on DH in the evening before I get home.

We got 7:30 out of her ONCE, when she'd come to bed with us.

imageimage

• Dylan goes to bed around 7:30, sometimes as late as 8:00.  He's up usually around 7:00-7:15.  Sometimes that varies a little by an hour either way but typically it's around 7:00.  Every kid is different and I guess her twins just need lots of sleep and happen to get most of it at night.  Dylan takes 2 good naps during the day (he slept 4.5 hours total during the day yesterday) and then 11-12 hours at night.  
    After 2 years and 6 IUIs, we did it with IVF w/ ICSI!
    BFP with no treatment!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DD (17 months) goes to bed at 8pm.  During the week DH gets her up between 7-8 am.  On the weekends she sleeps in until 8-9 am.  She usually gets about 1.5 hour nap during the day, and on the weekends she will normally take about a 2 hour nap.  She likes her sleep, just like her mommy.  =)

Now if I could just get the cats to sleep past 6:30 am.

• Truitt goes to bed around 8 and would sleep until 8-8:30 most days. School days we wake him up between 7-7:30

Before the time change, Mathis would go to sleep between 6:30-7 pm and wake up between 5-6 am. Now, he goes to bed closer to 7:30 and wakes up around 6:15. I never thought 6:15 would feel good (he even does occasional days later) but after months of waking up at 5-5:30, 6 can feel like an indulgence.

All kids have different sleep patterns and different needs, just like adults. I used to be able to live on 4 hours sleep, where my DH has always had to have 7+ hours. 

• DD (2 yr 6 mo) goes to bed around 7:30 & is up around 6:30 :(. We tried putting her to sleep a little later to see if we could get a little more time in the AM but it was not successful. She takes a 1.5-2hr nap daily but it's work to get her down. I make sure she naps because she is sooooo cranky if she doesn't.
  • Rena goes to bed around 8:30 most nights and wakes up at 7:30. That has always been her wake up time since she was a baby. Even if she goes to bed really late, she's always up right at 7:30. It works out well since DH takes her to school by 8:30. She's decided she doesn't need to nap at school, but when she's home she'll nap 1.5 to 2 hours.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • goes to sleep around 9:30pm and is awake by 7am
  • E is 8 months and USUALLY is asleep by 9 or 930 pm. He still won't STTN so he wakes up once about 330 or 4 and then for good b/w 630 and 7.

Takes a morning nap for about an hour and then about 2 hours at some point later in the day.

• abs05abs05 member

Bedtime is usually around 7 and she gets up around 6:15.  She snoozes on and off in her crib until 7 when I go and get her.

Naps are ridiculous though.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My son has been STTN since he was 3 months old. 7pm-7am plus naps. (at three months he was also having a sleep feeding at 9pm.) He is now 21 months and still sleeps from 7-7 and takes a 2-3hr nap everyday. 

Kids really need about 12 hrs of sleep at night, so if her twins are up at 9:30 maybe she puts them down at 9:30pm? 

Due to you wanting to spend time with your little guy you are putting him down a little later, understandable. I wouldn't stress about it. 8:30-6:30 is 10 hrs, of i hope uninterrupted sleep which is great, some parents have their kids sleeping less and waking up all night still. I'd say you are doing great as along as he is taking a nap or two during the day too :)

Boy Stole my Heart
    Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"