Single Parents

payments..can he do this?

Per our court order, I am supposed to receive FULL payment on the 1st. I sent an E mail to him asking if he sent it yesterday and he said that he has sent the 1st payment. He said it would be easier for him to budget if he made weekly payments. Can he do this? Shouldn't it be in the CO if he was allowed to make weekly payments? I am OK with him making bi-weekly since that is how he gets paid, but i know he is just trying to be hard to deal with. 

TIA ladies. I hope everyone has a happy memorial day! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: payments..can he do this?

• In my CO, it says I'm paid how he's paid - so since he's paid every Wednesday, I should be, too. However, since his is direct deposited, it comes through on Thursday instead. I think if he is paid bi-monthly, then he should pay that way.

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• Yes as long as he pays the amount by the time that he's supposed to, he can pay whenever he wants.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • But it says payments due on the 1st.. Ugh I'm so confused!
  • Sorry I had to go back and re-read your post! I'm not sure how to word this though so stay with me here. I first took it that he will be making payments weekly in June for the one that is due July 1st but he will actually be 3 weeks behind correct? Not sure how that works exactly but as long as he is consistantly making payments I don't think they will do anything.

And yes I would have to say he's just trying to be difficult. How's it easier for him to budget weekly payments when he gets paid bi-weekly? Doesn't make sense to me!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Payments are "due" on the 1st so there's a date when they're considered late by. He can pay into CS whenever he wants.

I guess I don't see what the issue is?

imageimageimage

• imagePrettyInPearls23:

Payments are "due" on the 1st so there's a date when they're considered late by. He can pay into CS whenever he wants.

I guess I don't see what the issue is?

I agree with this. I know it can be better to follow the CO by the letter, but that's not always realistic. This seems like a small issue considering you'll still be getting CS.

Maybe just put it in writing that you agree to weekly payments, however, if there are any issues, you will revert back to the CO of making payments on the 1st of the month.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"