Baby Showers
Options

If you found out about your surprise shower...did you let anyone know?

In my circle a small shower for 2nd 3rd or 15th babies are super common.  I didnt think I was having one, but I am pretty sure I am now.  First, my girlfriends daughter told me she bought my baby a lot of clothes.  Then, at my SIL's sisters baby shower, her husband said "one more shower to go" to me.  And then DH asked me to send a text from his phone while he was driving and I saw a text from one of my good friends that said "Invites are out...woohoo!".  That same friend invited me over for a cookout next sunday. 

So, I think I may be having a shower next sunday.  Do I tell DH or anyone else I know or keep quite and practice my shocked face?

Steph - mama to Owen Patrick 2/20/02, Ryder Jacob 11/3/05 and Brody Ryan 7/14/2011
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If you found out about your surprise shower...did you let anyone know?

• Options
    Personally, I would keep quiet and act surprised. They seem to have worked pretty hard on this and it might hurt them to know you know.
    February 19, 2010- BFP! March 14, 2010- M/C January 17, 2011- BFP! April 26th, 2011- It's a boy! Due September 20, 2011 May 2, 2011- Confirmed Gastroschisis August 7, 2011- Labor begins August 12, 2011- Max is born October 4, 2011- Max comes home!

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    VincentVincent member
    DH spilled the beans about my surprise shower and I didn't let on to anyone, even that day.  I figured my mom put so much work into it, it wasn't fair to her to spoil the surprise.  In the end, I was surprised because we had so many friends and family show up.
    Delivered 3 weeks and 2 days early via emergency c/s due to pre-e

Anniversary
    Trying to Conceive Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My mom, BFF and DH all told me about my bridal shower b/c they know me the best and know I do not like or react well to surprises.  However, I knew that the rest of my bridal party, friends and family thought it was a surprise and they were excited for it, so I didn't let on that I knew anything.
  • Options

imageSamJustice:
    Personally, I would keep quiet and act surprised. They seem to have worked pretty hard on this and it might hurt them to know you know.

This. I found out ab my surprise shower and told DH, but only bc he kept expressing his anxiety about having to lie & make up a story about where we would be going and about making sure his DD ( my SD) would be wearing something special etc. But we're not telling anyone else I know. The surprise things is a big deal for my mom. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would act surprised since no one actually "told" you.  It is not that hard...especially in your situation considering showers are given for EVERY baby born in your circle.  They are going to have to know you expected one (which you did expect one).
  • Options
    My DH told me about both of my surprise showers (one last weekend, one coming in June). I only told my best friend that I knew about them. Everyone works so hard for the surprise and my family especially was really proud of the fact that they surprised so I didn't want to ruin that for them. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"