Oregon Babies
Options

morning sickness...stratch that..

it's all day sickness....

I use to post on there, but then life got hetic, I got pregnant, then had a miscarriage after a week and half of find out. but ta da, I am pregnant again! 6w6d.

This past week I have felt like hell. I have not taken my prenatals the past two days, mainly because I forgot, along with I was going to start taking them in the evening's because I heard that helps morning sickness. Maybe I need to switch the brand on prenatals?

Does anyone here have any suggestions on how to be able subside the sickness? It is kicking my butt, to the point, when I am home I am in bed trying to sleep it off so I don't have to deal with it.

I have club crackers and ginger ale at work. Does anyone else have any remedies for this disgusting thing that comes along with being pregnat?

TIA for the advice. It's great appreciated!

Re: morning sickness...stratch that..

• Options
    My friend is dealing with terrible all day sickness too.  She has gotten relief from spraying lavender room fresher, taking a sleeping pill (del.. something), and never eating the same thing twice.  I know the first trimester has some great advice on this too.  GL!
  • Options

I drank water with either fresh lemon on lemon juice from the little plastic lemon. It helped...some. At least I was able to drink water. I was able to eat apples, banana bread, macNcheese, and pineapple.

Good luck! m/s is no fun, but it does get better.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

My Personal Photo Blog

First tourist of the Season:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sucking on Jolly Ranchers seemed to work well for me.

Also FYI on the vitamins, Target sells gummy prenatals and they taste really good and didn't upset my stomach like the normal ones. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My prenatals made m feel sick so I always took them before I went to bed. Drinking sparkling water seems to help.
  • Options

Congrats and H& H 9mo.

I wish there was a magic morning (all day) sickness remedy.  I can sympathise with you.  I was sick for all 9mo with both my kids.  It SUCKED.  You can try crackers and ginger ale.  Ginger tea, or the wrist bands (can't remember their name) that presses on the pressure points to help with nausea.  None of that worked for me though.  What worked for me was prescription nausea meds.  Seriously - call your DR if you need to, that is what they are there for. You have to be able to keep food and water down.  You need nutrients, for you and your baby.  I was on prescription Zofran, Reglan and Phenergan to keep my severe nausea undercontrol.  I hope yours never gets as bad as mine was.  

Hope you find a good remedy :)

___________________________________________________________________ Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

I lived on Sprite every morning at the same time... but I also chewed peppermint gum which REALLY seemed to help a TON!  When we went to Mexico last month, we were sitting across from a pregnant girl with morning sickness who actually had to run off to the bathroom.  We offered her my sons animal crackers which she took, and then later offered her some gum.  It was interesting to see the life come back to her after she started chewing the gum.  She said it worked really well.

AND CONGRATS!!!!  I remember when you were on before :)  How have you been? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I loved starlight mints to suck on and eating every 2 hours something small. It was a pain but my nausea was triggered by hunger, smells, everything. Eating saltines ( a few every half hour/hour) even if I wasn't nauseous helped too. I bought preggie pop drops but they didn't work near as well as the mints! I was about to get a prescription when I het 2nd tri and BAM it was gone. Just make sure to always have snacks, like granola brs, nuts, fruit, crackers, and carry some in your purse.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"