Washington Babies
Options

question about drooling

Maeve has been drooling a TON.  I'm assuming its teething since she's literally getting about 6-8 teeth right now.  But then I started thinking, could it be anything else?  she usually drools some when teething but this has been excessive.  It's dripping off her chin and soaking her shirt, so much that its bugging her and annoying her. 

Is drool indicative of anything other than teething?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: question about drooling

• Options
    Well it could be toxic droolamia.  :)  Nope.  I've never heard of drooling being any sort of issue to worry about....  Have some wine.  Give her a bib.  :)
  • Options

I figured it was teething, but I didn't know if it was indicitive of anything else like ear or throat stuff. I know I feel like I have extra saliva when I have a sore throat and it hurts to swallow.  Just figured I'd throw it out there and see if anyone had any thoughts since she's literally soaking through bibs. 

And trust me with a miserable child cutting 8 teeth at once, I'm having plenty of wine. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well does she seem or act sick at all?  I've never noticed my kids drooling more when they're sick.  But if you think that it could be something else, trust your gut.  I've just never heard of drooling as a symptom of anything other than teething.
  • Options
    I have noticed that since I got Thea the amber teething necklace, the drooling has almost completely dried up. I don't know if it's a coincidence or the voodoo magic of the necklace, but I'll take it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    W has been an excessive drooler for the last 4-5 months and no teeth at all. We quit blaming teething for everything since it was like crying wolf. . He goes through 6 bibs a day. Hopefully your Los dries up soon. Bibs are a hassle and ruin the look of cute outfits!
  • Options
    imagezazzu:
    W has been an excessive drooler for the last 4-5 months and no teeth at all. We quit blaming teething for everything since it was like crying wolf. . He goes through 6 bibs a day. Hopefully your Los dries up soon. Bibs are a hassle and ruin the look of cute outfits!
    This is Syd too...I always have bibs drying around the house since I don't have enough to keep up with her drool. Connor now has all his teeth and is still a droll monster...I need to put a bib on him!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    K has turned into the great drool monster, soaking through bibs like crazy.  Her molars are just popping through.  She's only getting three teeth at once [that I know of] so I'm hoping it dries up soon!
    J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've kind of been wondering the same thing with Lucy.  She's cutting 4 molars and her incisors (kill me now!).  She has been drooling like crazy.  But, her nose has also been running and she had a hel! of a fever earlier this week for 2 days.  The fever went away, but the drooling and the nose are still going.  I can't tell if it is just the teeth or the a cold on top of that.  I'm just treating all of it.

Hopefully Miss Maeve is feeling better soon! 

• Options
    Today was a nightmare!  molars suck!  I hope all the other teething kiddos feel better soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"