Adoption
Options

Taking the first steps to prepare for this little guy!

We registered this weekend.  I decided I wanted to be able to take my time and not rush through it after he is born.  We had so much fun!

Now, I'm getting ready to go clean out the closet in the nursery.  We've just been using it for storage and hopefully in just over two weeks it will be housing his clothes and things.  I'm thinking positive!

TTC #1 since 12/07 SA 9/08=borderline normal HSG 1/09 found R tube blocked Multiple IUIs both with oral and injectible drugs from 2/09-2/11 Started domestic adoption process in 5/10, homestudy complete 9/10 Failed adoption after home with baby for 2 weeks 11/10 Blessed through the miracle of private adoption with a son, born 6/6/11 (his grandma's bday) 7lbs 9oz 20.5 inches long! So worth the wait!

Re: Taking the first steps to prepare for this little guy!

• Options
    erinmserinms member

That is so exciting.  I hope everything goes very smoothly in 2 weeks and you can finally take a deep breath and enjoy it.  Lots of positive thoughts your way!

And also, aren't little boy clothes adorable?  I thought all the cute clothes were for girls, but man did I end up finding some great boy stuff.

• Options
    cogbotcogbot member
    So exciting!!!  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's so awesome! It is such an exciting time. So many different (and conflicting!) emotions. We were so "cautiously optimistic" that we did not start painting his room until 2 weeks before his due date. He came the day after we started painting. ;) Needless to say we were not ready in the least but thanks to dear friends, everything was ready when we got home. I'm thinking about you guys and sending you all the prayers and good vibes I've got. It's such a unique place to be in. I know it's nice to know that others have been in the exact same place as you. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Awe- what am exciting moment for you and DH! Wishing you nothing but happiness and serenity as you embark on the next phase of your journey!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"