Parenting after a Loss
Options

Would you ever donate your eggs?

Saw it on a FB ad, and am just curious...would you ever donate? Part of me thinks it's wonderful to give the gift of a child to a woman who couldn't use her own eggs. Part of me can not stand the thought of having a child out there who is partly "mine" and not being able to be a part of his/her life.

WDYT?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would you ever donate your eggs?

• Options
    To a family member or dear friend - probably. To an eggbank - no.
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
  • Options

imagelkstor:

This.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagelkstor:
    This. I'm not so worried about having a kid out there who has my DNA as much as I don't want to put my body through the treatment/procedure to donate just willy nilly.
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

• Options
    I would, but Im too old
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • Options

I think it is something I might do, but I would have to put alot of thought into it and be done with having my own children first (regarding a donation bank)

To a close friend or family member I would do it in a heartbeat.

Our Princess! Born 37w4d 6lbs 1/2oz 18in

visit our house blog: My Blog

Adalee's Blog Adalee's Blog My Bio

m/c 1/25/10 5w1d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Scout05Scout05 member

Given my history, I wouldn't feel right doing so, but if that weren't the case, I would have loved to be able to give to my BIL and his partner. If we had gone w/ IVF AND had embryos that we were not able to transfer, we were planning to donate to them.

That was the only way I would have been willing to do IVF, if any "extra" embryos could have gone to them and/or been adopted by another couple (and we would have had a say in who that couple was.)

I could not donate to a bank or to a couple I didn't know/pre-screen.

• Options
    imageMrs.EmmaLouise:
    imagelkstor:
    This. I'm not so worried about having a kid out there who has my DNA as much as I don't want to put my body through the treatment/procedure to donate just willy nilly.
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

imageMrs.EmmaLouise:
    imagelkstor:

This.

• Options

imagelkstor:

This.  If someone close to me was struggling to conceive I would definitely consider it.  Otherwise, I wouldn't.

• Options
         I donated my eggs many years ago.  I was single, otherwise healthy.  I worked at a hospital and the fertility clinic had an add in their newsletter.  I loved children and it broke my heart that somebody who also loved children would go through such lengths to have a child of their own.  I didn't view myself as the "genetic" mother, only a person giving a gift to a family who wants a baby, and would spend thousands of dollars just for the chance that it would work.  I viewed it as a gift to someone I never met.  I don't ever wonder if I have a genetic child near, but I do wonder if the mother was ever able to recieve the gift of a child. 
  • Options
    When we thought we were going to need to do IVF (may still have to as we're not exactly out of the woods with this pregnancy yet), I downloaded the application and was planning on donating simultaneous with my own egg collection, if they would let me.  Might as well allow something good to happen with the sh*t that is needing to do IVF.
    TTC #1 May 2007
    M/C January 2008
    DS February 16th, 2009

TTC #2 July 2010
    Diagnosed MFI
    IUI#1 w/ bravelle 5/12/11 -- 0% morph on day of IUI, but somehow BFP:
    Beta #1 38 at 12dpiui, Beta #2 85 at 14dpiui Beta #3 1100 at 19dpiui
    DD born December 28, 2011 at 34w6d

Baby #3 due June 14, 2015

• Options

After everything I've seen in the past several years, I'd donate eggs in an instant.  I can think of several ladies who are members of the Bump for whom I'd go through the process. 

That said, I am both too old and have crappy lottery-style eggs, so while the desire would be there, the results would NOT be.  Which is sad.  

• Options

I have a friend going through donor IVF now - they are on the list for a donor.  I WISH I could donate for her or know someone who could.  

I've learned alot from others experience & if I weren't 'advanced maternal' age with my own egg issue I'd most likely consider it.

I keep wondering how they find ppl to donate. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"