Food Allergy
Options

Tell me what you think of my symptoms

(please)

No real allergies growing up, but in my 20's, I had a couple summers of INSANE "hayfever" then it went away. No real food allergies, but have had some FREAKY (and dangerous) reactions to some seafood.  I've had very transient things like this over the years.

I've lost 11 pregnancies, most early, likely do to some auto-immune "my body kicks them out" thing.

My signs and symptoms of a "flare up" are: super itchy scalp, bright red eczema (?) patches, and bright red cheeks.

I went GF/DF for 3 weeks, then in weakness, ate some bread and pasta and triggered a flare up. Maybe. I think. Who knows.

Just curious what the wise women of this allergy world can make of my case.

I feel like the docs have all given up on me, and I'm frustrated.

(ps - can I test for food allergies when I'm on prednisone? If I'm "flaring up" over the steroids, that means they're not blocking it, right?)

any insight welcome.

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence

Re: Tell me what you think of my symptoms

• Options

I'm sorry I'm not going to be much help.. But have you tried going on a full organic diet?  I know a friend was having problems with miscarriages, not as many as yours, but she went on an organic (partial vegetarian) diet and got pregnant 4 months later.  Not sure if that's what did it or if by changing her diet she felt better / less stressed is what did it. Either way.. i feel like a healthy diet can change so much.

Also, i would change your doctors if you even feel like they have given up on you. You need the medical help and attention you deserve and after loosing 11 pregnancies, i would be looking for a doctor that will try everything. 

• Options
    Have you been tested for Celiac disease?  Google dermatitis herpetiformis and see if your skin outbreaks are similar.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    thank you both for your ideas. We're pretty sure it's not celiac, which I'm grateful for, but alas, still frustrated none the less.
    Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Options

imageDavezWife:
    thank you both for your ideas. We're pretty sure it's not celiac, which I'm grateful for, but alas, still frustrated none the less.

I'm curious why you're pretty sure it's not Celiac?  If it's because you don't have any GI symptoms, don't be so sure.  I had NO CLUE I was a Celiac.  Once I got diagnosed and went gluten free, my life changed in ways I never would have imagined.  Pre-diagnosis my symptoms were all skin, nervous system (neuropathy, occasional wavy vision), high blood pressure, infertility, an inability to lose weight, and anxiety.  Most doctors refuse to consider Celiac if you're not $hitting your brains out and emaciated... when in reality that's a very small portion of Celiac symptoms.  There are over 300 symptoms of CD, and 97% of those who have it are undiagnosed.  It's way more common than people think.  I hope you don't have CD, but if you do, it's the best disease one could have (in that it "goes away" on the proper diet)!

• Options
    imagejulandjo:

Pre-diagnosis my symptoms were all skin, nervous system (neuropathy, occasional wavy vision), high blood pressure, infertility, an inability to lose weight, and anxiety.  Most doctors refuse to consider Celiac if you're not $hitting your brains out and emaciated...

well, now you've convinced me to test some more for CD. that explains me to a "T", wow. I want to say that my immunologist said something about IgE??? and my tests for that were fine? but I need to clarify that, I guess. thanks for the follow up. I'll let you know if you're right... ;-)

• Options
    imageDavezWife:
    imagejulandjo:

Pre-diagnosis my symptoms were all skin, nervous system (neuropathy, occasional wavy vision), high blood pressure, infertility, an inability to lose weight, and anxiety.  Most doctors refuse to consider Celiac if you're not $hitting your brains out and emaciated...

well, now you've convinced me to test some more for CD. that explains me to a "T", wow. I want to say that my immunologist said something about IgE??? and my tests for that were fine? but I need to clarify that, I guess. thanks for the follow up. I'll let you know if you're right... ;-)

IgE testing reveals whether you have an allergy to something.  Celiac Disease will not show up in IgE testing because it is not an allergy; it's an autoimmune disorder.   Press on girl, get some answers!  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"